MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Intuem And Me...help!, Help w/Intuem
tokyoroland
posté lun. 19 août 2002, 08:22
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 19 août 02
Lieu : San Diego - US
Membre no 6,970

I just recently bought Intuem, a basic, inexpensive sequencing program for OSX. It's my first ever sequencer, and it's been great....that is, for midi sounds. I own a Roland Xp-30 keyboard. I want to know how I can record the 1000 plus sounds from my xp30 BESIDES gm ( general midi )
When I switch to the xp30 from " quicktime musical instruments ", it's says " UNDEFINED " I don't know what to put in for a new sound bank and record other sounds. When I am in xp30 and record, the notes show up as I play them, yet there is no sound while I play and on the playback. I tried emailing Intuem support, but what they told me doesn't seem to work. someone please help! - jeffro

--------------------
"history repeats itself, so the best thing to do is rewrite the future"
- Jeffrey Roland
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rickenbacker
posté mar. 20 août 2002, 11:32
Message #2

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 17 mai 02
Lieu : Broughton
Membre no 4,705

This isn't going to help you at all, but I had exactly the same problem.

I liked the look and approach of Intuem and it worked fine - but on its own terms. I couldn't get my external module sounds to register and playback and I e-mailed Intuem support, but their reply wasn't much help to me either.

It seemed to involve a lot of tweaking with the Inspector and Preferences windows, clearing the connections and Midi set-up drop-down boxes and then restarting Intuem.

All I can suggest is continually e-mailing Intuem support and make them pay more attention. They asked me to mail them screenshots of the menu options where I was having trouble, so try that.

+Quote Post
tokyoroland
posté lun. 26 août 2002, 08:02
Message #3

Membre no 6,970

Thanks for the info. they asked me also to send a screen shot. how do you send one??( a screenshot )

p.s.did you figure it out? what are you using and how was it set up?

I have a midiman MIDISPORT 2 X 2, with one midi cord going from MIDI out on my keyboard to IN-A on the midisport, and one usb cable from the midisport to my g4 iMAC.

I would love ANY help. this problem is driving me nuts!!

- jeff

--------------------
- Jeffrey Roland

+Quote Post
formatj
posté lun. 26 août 2002, 16:30
Message #4

Icône de groupe

Groupe : Team
Inscrit : 09 juil. 02
Lieu : Sydney - AU
Membre no 5,658

For screenshot press "Command, Shift and 3" together.

"one midi cord going from MIDI out on my keyboard to IN-A on the midisport"

Have you also got a MIDI cable going from the MIDI out of the MIDISPORT to the In of your XP30 keyboard?

Matt

+Quote Post
tokyoroland
posté lun. 9 sept. 2002, 06:44
Message #5

Membre no 6,970

Thanks for the tip formatj

do you know much about Intuem? I am having the hardest time trying to get sound from my Roland xp30 to Intuem. I've been talking back and forth with Intuem support for about a month now.

Yes , I DO have two Midi cables plugged in. I'm using a Midisport 2 X 2

I don't really know how to define my xp30 sounds. When I press record and have everything set up in Intuem AND my xp30 ( local parameter OFF ), the notes show up, but no sound.

Sound only comes out when I use the crappy GM quicktime musical intruments sounds. I am fed up with it!!!

do you know if my xp30 need to be set on a different mode? all I know is that once the put the local parameter OFF, no sound comes out of my keyboard when I play it. And of course, when it is ON, I can play the keyboard, but again no sound comes out when I try to record.

I just sent then my preferences file a few days ago, and have heard no responce yet? any advice AT ALL?? It's real frustrating.
I have a few songs on mp3.com, but I made them with GM sounds, and I could do a heck of a lot better with my 1000-plus sounds in my xp30.

If you do not have any advice, can you prescribe another program like it?
What's a good program to learn sequencing on? I'm thinking of jumping staright to Logic 5 for OSX, but I'll have alot to learn.

I need to learn how to sequence and edit so I can do a film score in 6 months. I feel that I have the talent, yet my fundementals are lagging.

I just starting take music classes at junior college, but besides theory, they won't help much.

WOW! I WROTE TOO MUCH!

all help is greatly appreciated. - jeff leiser blink.gif

--------------------
- Jeffrey Roland

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 16 juin 2024, 22:33
- © MacMusic 1997-2008