MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> S3000 Sampler: To Scrap Or Not To Scrap, (And how to save my SCSI Zip samples...)?
atomjazz
posté mar. 9 janv. 2007, 08:49
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 09 janv. 07
Membre no 87,120

Hello,
This is my first posting on this forum.

I have just read, and related to, the post about the AKAI sampler freezing up after being switched
on, looking for the SCSI zip drive. I've also been having great difficulty finding zips that will
work for more than a short amount of time.

So my question, should I give up on hardware samplers? I've used various AKAIs for 13 years and
love them and would like to continue using them. But am I beating a dead horse? And, more importantly, how can I save my samples I've got collected on Zip discs? Is there a program that will enable me to transfer them to my PC?

I am not up to date whatsoever when it comes to recent advances in sampling technology. Any advice on continuing with tradition vs. learning new tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté ven. 12 janv. 2007, 02:11
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

On the zip in the dead zone, I see only the solution to have a working zip drive and to save on a scsi drive and/or thru a S5000-6000, save from the Zip to USB.

CDXtract may help too.

Some have even used scsi to firewire adapters on macs to be able to save samples…

If someone has a better idea…

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
atomjazz
posté jeu. 25 janv. 2007, 14:29
Message #3

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 09 janv. 07
Membre no 87,120

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Fri 12 Jan 2007, 02:11) *
On the zip in the dead zone, I see only the solution to have a working zip drive and to save on a scsi drive and/or thru a S5000-6000, save from the Zip to USB.

CDXtract may help too.

Some have even used scsi to firewire adapters on macs to be able to save samples…

If someone has a better idea…

Thanks for your advice.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 19 mars 2024, 06:33
- © 440 Forums 2011