MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Budget-conscious Midi Newbie Here ..., Budget-conscious MIDI newbie here
RayLuczak
posté mar. 10 sept. 2002, 00:08
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 09 sept. 02
Lieu : New York City - US
Membre no 7,510

Hello:

I'm seeking to learn more about the following, and I can't seem to get a direct answer about a lot of this online. The bottom line is that I'm working with a composer who's never used a computer to record his music (and he loves Mac OS X big-time) for my film. Yes, I'm an independent filmmaker with no distribution deal yet, so money is unfortunately a serious consideration.

1. What is the most cost-efficient and straightforward way of recording music from his Yamaha DX7s via an Edirol UM-1 MIDI-to-USB adapter? The composer is something of a Luddite in the sense that he doesn't want to muck around too much. Intuem seems like a good choice, BUT seeing posts by other folks detailing their problems with this program and their customer service on this site has given me pause. Basically, he wants to plug in his Yamaha into his OS X 10.2, play, and record, which my sound editor would then copy and manipulate in the film itself.

2. That said, what would be a good sound- and music-editing program (OS X) that would enable my sound editor to manipulate the MIDI sound files and integrate the music into the film's soundtrack? He is using Final Cut Pro 3.0.2 for OS X.

Any input and advice on this matter would be most appreciated!

Sincerely,

Raymond Luczak
BOOKS * FILMS * PLAYS
http://www.raymondluczak.com/

--------------------
Raymond Luczak
BOOKS * FILMS * PLAYS
http://www.raymondluczak.com/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
bixpender
posté mar. 10 sept. 2002, 07:10
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 22 juil. 02
Lieu : Brooklyn - US
Membre no 6,131

when you don't have money get the friggin cracked version for christs sake! when and IF you ever start making money from that cracked version BE A SPORT and buy the legal version.

go to www.carracho.com and get the carracho client.

MUHAHA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 15 mai 2024, 01:45
- © MacMusic 1997-2008