MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Drum Micing
Logan Hornbuckle
posté mar. 24 oct. 2006, 16:48
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 24 oct. 06
Lieu : Greensboro - US
Membre no 84,565

I am new here, and I was just wondering what would be the best usb microphone for micing a kick drum. I am currently using a Samson usb condenser mic overhead to mic the rest of the drumset. I use garageband and am new to recording. Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
TKO
posté jeu. 23 nov. 2006, 09:43
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 sept. 06
Lieu : Helsinki - FI
Membre no 83,357

Hi again,
I recommended getting an audio interface, and as there is a bewildering amount of choice, here are a couple of models that might work for you: Tapco Link USB (or firewire) Tapco is a Mackie owned company and while I haven´t tried these I expect the mic preamps to be decent. And they´re cheap (around 150€). Another worth considering is Focusrite Saffire, they have an LE version out now and it´s a classy little box with built in DSP so it takes load off your CPU.
All these only have two mic inputs and while you can get decent results micing just the bass drum and rest of the kit with a single overhead you don´t have too many mixing options. You can of course use an analog mixer for more mic inputs and submix these to the interface´s line inputs, you are stuck with the submix-balance but still have the option of using EQ, compression, reverb & stuff inside your computer.
Hope this was useful, have a good time experimenting!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 4 mai 2024, 23:51
- © 440 Forums 2011