MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PT6 "officialy" Announced..., at last
Mr.T
posté mar. 1 oct. 2002, 16:37
Message #1

SuperHero

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 nov. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,244

From the DUC (extract from the "AES daily"edition, page 30):

"Digidesign Rolls Out New Pro Tools Software
At Booth 1447 Digidesign is featuring a number of new products, including new Pro Tools software, 6.0 for Mac OS X, and TDM 5.3.3 for Windows XP.
Pro Tools 6.0 boasts an all-new look and new features on Mac OS X. Shipping the end of the year, the new software offers improved performance and support for dual processor Macintosh G4 computers. Pro Tools 6.0 has improved organization and MIDI support, increased mixing options, and much more control. In this new version, Pro Tools has received a MIDI makeover, fully supporting the Mac OS X CoreMIDI engine and including MIDI Time Stamping (MTS) for sample-accurate MIDI timing with software samplers and synths (TDM, RTAS, HTDM and DirectConnect), and sub-millisecond accurate MIDI timing with MIDI I/O and other supported MTS-capable interfaces. Pro Tools 6.0 also has intelligent tools for groove creation and modification, including the new Beat Detective 2.0 that supports extraction and generation of DigiGroove templates based on audio performances for timing and velocity of passage. DigiGroove templates are compatable with new Groove Injection templates.
Pro Tools TDM 5.3.3 for Windows XP includes many of the features previously released in Pro Tools 5.3.1 software for Macintosh computers. Features include integrated control of PRE, mulit-DSP 48 bit mixer, Increased SYNC I/O options, and more. Pro Tools 5.3.3 software for Pro Tools|HD offers Windows XP users improved workflow efficiency through trus simultaneous sharing of media assets."

TDM and HD owners might enjoy this, while PTLE owners might, once again, be left behind...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
starfruitman
posté mar. 1 oct. 2002, 22:53
Message #2

Inscrit : 27 sept. 02
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 8,022

Sounds great. Does ProTools link to softsynths like Reason using ReWire?

+Quote Post
Mr.T
posté mar. 1 oct. 2002, 23:02
Message #3

SuperHero

Membre no 2,244

Does ProTools link to softsynths like Reason using ReWire?

No. It only does via Refuse (using the awful DirectConnect), which is more of an hack developped by one brave man, the great Leigh Marble.
PS: since you don't seem to know PT, you might need to considere that the infos mentionned above only concern really expensive systems (TDM and HD only), not "affordable systems as the 001, the 002 or the MBox.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mer. 2 oct. 2002, 00:40
Message #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Membre no 2,758

I was just thinking… great commercial argument to sell protools HD systems: you can even use Reason!

Boohahahaaaaaaaaa laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

(sorry couldn't resist rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Mr.T
posté sam. 5 oct. 2002, 12:33
Message #5

SuperHero

Membre no 2,244

OK, this time IT IS official... and PTLE owners are finally not left behind !
It's all here:
http://www.digidesign.com/news/hotnews/PTv6/

--------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté sam. 5 oct. 2002, 13:04
Message #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Membre no 2,758

Champagne!

"""Pop!"""

cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
bixpender
posté dim. 6 oct. 2002, 08:33
Message #7

Inscrit : 22 juil. 02
Lieu : Brooklyn - US
Membre no 6,131

does anyone have teh release date? and release dates for the VERY FEW plug-ins availible so far for the HD systems... i think that new cocoa look is uber gay. but hey that's just me.

+Quote Post
Odrec
posté lun. 7 oct. 2002, 01:00
Message #8

Inscrit : 30 sept. 02
Lieu : San Jose - CR
Membre no 8,106

PTLE available only for Digi001 users, no MBox support yet.

Damn, I wish I could afford it!

Odrec

+Quote Post
Levon River
posté lun. 7 oct. 2002, 10:35
Message #9

Inscrit : 10 août 02
Lieu : Rimghobb - UA
Membre no 6,734

QUOTE (Odrec @ Oct 7 2002, 00:00)
Damn, I wish I could afford it!

Why? Seriously. What is the attraction?

I've worked with ProTools (when I've had to), and I just don't geddit. I consider ProTools some of the most elaborately dongle-protected software in the world--which is just one of the reasons I cannot abide much of anything about the company and its products. Having experience with what other software packages, like DP, can do, I still wonder what DippiDesign has been trying so desperately to protect over the years. The audio and MIDI go in and get recorded, you can edit it, you can add effects, and you can play it back. Duh. The difference with DippiDesign is you have to do it through their over-priced dongles.

I try and I try, but I just don't geddit. I would never buy OCR software if I could only use it with that same company's scanner, mainly because I have a fundamental moral objection to extortion.

I could go on, but I'll exercise some restraint tongue.gif rolleyes.gif and just ask: what is it that sells people on ponying up the extreme cash required to start--and maintain--the ProFools habit?

+Quote Post
aladinsane
posté lun. 7 oct. 2002, 15:03
Message #10

Rookie

Inscrit : 31 juil. 02
Membre no 6,420

Quote:
what is it that sells people on ponying up the extreme cash required to start--and maintain--the ProFools habit? (Levon River @ Oct 7 2002, 09:35)

well i wasn't THAT expensive, considering the Mbox and PTLE bundled for 500$. I'm not saying it's the best but if all you want is to record and edit audio (without having to deal with compatibility issues), then it seems like a fair price.
as for the bigger systems, I really don't know.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 7 juil. 2024, 15:08
- © MacMusic 1997-2008