MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ganging Tracks In Logic 4.7, How do you do it, or can it be done
TruckerTodd
posté lun. 26 août 2002, 22:03
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 26 août 02
Lieu : Lawrence - US
Membre no 7,149

Hello,
I have been using Logic for a while now and it is coming down to final mix time. I am wondering if you can gang tracks together for crossfades and group automation. Now before you start typing.....

EX: "Distortion guitar group" comes in "clean guitar group" fades out

I know you can "shift" select tracks and pull the mix down, combine this with the automation and you get half of what I am needing. The problem being when you bring the faders back up they are relative to the zero position so you have lost the reference point of your original settings...

Also I thought "ok I will bus the drums down to bus 1, guitars to bus 2, etc.. and just do some automation on the bus channels...ooops no rec enable on the bus channels so I am guessing no automation??

Any help with this would be much appreciated,

Tt

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
formatj
posté mer. 28 août 2002, 16:13
Message #2

Icône de groupe

Groupe : Team
Inscrit : 09 juil. 02
Lieu : Sydney - AU
Membre no 5,658

You can automate a Bus object.

It's much easier to do this in version 5 (and worth upgrading for the automation alone) however as you are in version 4.7 here is roughly how you do it.

If you open your environment to the audio layer can you see any "mix objects" (channel splitters) cabled to your your audio faders? Are there any cabled to your busses?
If you don't have one add a new channel splitter fromk the "new" sub menu. Grab the output from channel 1 of this object and cable it to Bus 01, channel 2 to bus 02 channel 3 to bus 03 etc......

Name the channel splitter " bus mixer" or something you will recognise.
Now in the arrange page select a new empty track and assign this "bus mixer" object to it. Make sure this track is selected and then open the audio layer of environment again. Now press record and move the bus faders and any movements should be recorded.

Hope this makes sense. It's been a while since I used 4.7.

Matt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 16 sept. 2024, 23:59
- © MacMusic 1997-2008