MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drum Sequencing - Digital Performer Or Different, Which software for sequencing?
Badshirt
posté mer. 16 août 2006, 18:08
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 26 sept. 01
Lieu : Kutztown
Membre no 1,868

I'm currently using a G4 833mhz processor w/ around 600MB or RAM and DP4.
The Digi001 is my audio and midi interface and up until this point I have been using it to record audio only.

I now have a Yamaha S-90ES synth that I would love to use as a sound bank for midi sequencing of drum parts. Digital Performer is slowing down my performance because it does not seem that user friendly when sequencing drums. Is there something I am missing? Should it be sufficient enough and a valuable tool in sequencing drum parts?

I also have a new PC in my home which I can use to record or to sequence w/ and make 1 a sequence and the other a recorder. It has x2 amd 3800 processors and 2Gig of Ram. Ideally I would stick to my Mac for everything but due to the Digi001 not being compatible w/ newer applications etc...maybe it makes sense to just use the PC?

Any thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
posté mer. 16 août 2006, 19:14
Message #2

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

QUOTE (Badshirt @ Wed 16 Aug 2006, 09:08) *
The Digi001 is my audio and midi interface and up until this point I have been using it to record audio only.

I now have a Yamaha S-90ES synth that I would love to use as a sound bank for midi sequencing of drum parts. Digital Performer is slowing down my performance because it does not seem that user friendly when sequencing drums. Is there something I am missing? Should it be sufficient enough and a valuable tool in sequencing drum parts?

I also have a new PC in my home which I can use to record or to sequence w/ and make 1 a sequence and the other a recorder. It has x2 amd 3800 processors and 2Gig of Ram. Ideally I would stick to my Mac for everything but due to the Digi001 not being compatible w/ newer applications etc...maybe it makes sense to just use the PC?

Any thoughts?

Try the drum editor!
blink.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
Badshirt
posté mer. 16 août 2006, 19:25
Message #3

Inscrit : 26 sept. 01
Lieu : Kutztown
Membre no 1,868

QUOTE (gdoubleyou @ Wed 16 Aug 2006, 18:14) *
QUOTE (Badshirt @ Wed 16 Aug 2006, 09:08) *

Any thoughts?

Try the drum editor!
blink.gif

I've only been recording audio until this point and laid down a bit w/ the drum editor. I guess its inexperience but it seems to me like there isn't much control in editing individual tom hits. Maybe I have it configured incorrectly or need to learn the software better.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 14 mai 2024, 20:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008