MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is This A Bug In Logic Pro?
thegrapeguy
posté ven. 14 juil. 2006, 17:29
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 févr. 06
Lieu : Bridgeport - US
Membre no 77,070

I use a MAC G5 with Logic Pro 7.2.1 - I play a Korg Triton through a Motu Micro Express Midi interface to access the sounds in Logic as well as my Ivory Grand Piano Plug In. A Mackie Control Universal is my interface.

Ever since I got geared up last March I noticed that when I changed files (song projects) from client to client during the course of the day that my Ivory track would show up transposed a step down. Not limited to the Ivory track sometimes a Bass track, maybe a Bass from Apples Jam Packs, would be transposed.

I never have messed with the transposition of any Logic track, I don't even know how to do that, but I have transposed a song or two in the Ivory Grand Piano Plug In Window.

It was my understanding that once you close the Logic file that it would remember the parameters of that file the next time you opened it.

Well something very telling happened yesterday. In the morning I worked on a clients song. It was a song that early on I may have transposed the Ivory track to help the singer. I closed out of that file and when I brought up a file of another client's work their Ivory track and their Bass track were transposed down a step. Keep in mind that the day before that client's track played down perfectly in the right key and I'm sure I closed the file with it in the right key. And obviously all the audio tracks remained in the original correct key.

Here's the kicker. Fearing that I would mess up my client's song I quickly closed the file without saving any changes and completely closed Logic. When I rebooted Logic Pro and reopened their file the Ivory Grand piano track and the Logic Bass track were in key again!

This has happened quite a few times to me but only now have I realized that completely closing down Logic fixes the problem. ie - If I just ping pong from one file to the next without closing Logic down I have this transposing problem on the Midi instrument tracks.

I'd like to remedy this because it's time consuming to close down Logic between every client. Any ideas? Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 23 sept. 2024, 10:21
- © MacMusic 1997-2008