MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Eq For That "old Tv" Sound, Sound Mastering FX
bryrock
posté sam. 24 juin 2006, 19:59
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 août 04
Lieu : Murfreesboro - US
Membre no 49,522

I'm working on a scene in a film where two actors are watching a video tape on a small (15"), vintage 1970s TV. I need to do some EQ on the sound that is supposedly coming from that TV. The director wants it to be just a tad exaggerated so that we can easily hear the difference in quality between the actors watching the TV and the TV itself.

Roughly, what would be the accurate audio frequency range of such an old TV that had, say, only one, cheap mid-range speaker in it?

--------------------
bryrock
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Top of
posté dim. 25 juin 2006, 12:42
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 14 juin 05
Lieu : Clacton-on-Sea - UK
Membre no 66,796

To get the sound I think you want, you could use a small speaker from a 5:1 system, set it for a mid range only and mic it to record the sound. You could also add a touch of reverb to give it the perspetive of location in the room.

+Quote Post
monkeyboy23
posté dim. 25 juin 2006, 15:41
Message #3

Icône de groupe

Groupe : Team
Inscrit : 19 déc. 05
Lieu : Austin - US
Membre no 74,134

QUOTE (bryrock @ Sat 24 Jun 2006, 18:59) *
I'm working on a scene in a film where two actors are watching a video tape on a small (15"), vintage 1970s TV. I need to do some EQ on the sound that is supposedly coming from that TV. The director wants it to be just a tad exaggerated so that we can easily hear the difference in quality between the actors watching the TV and the TV itself.

Roughly, what would be the accurate audio frequency range of such an old TV that had, say, only one, cheap mid-range speaker in it?

Try 4-6db boost somewhere between 1.5kHz and 3 kHz (depending on what your ears tell you) and apply -11 db to the bands above and below what you boost. The run it through a compressor, set to a good amount (4:1 or so) of compression, fairly fast (5ms) attack and a fair bit of makeup gain added. That should get you in the ballpark, adjust to taste.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 18 avril 2024, 09:33
- © 440 Forums 2011