MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cant Get More Than Four Tracks In Logic., need some help
Tripierdagne
posté ven. 5 mai 2006, 02:56
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 05 mai 06
Lieu : Santa Rosa - US
Membre no 79,586

I am using Logic on my mac mini these days and I have an Alesis Multimix 8 Firewire. The multimix has four XLR inputs. Now when recording in Logic I select the track on the multimix for the track that i have selected. The problem is that when I use up the first four XLR tracks and need a 5th track i use one of the four XLR inputs on the multimix. When I do that the new track (5) is now linked up with one of the first four tracks (whichever input im using) because they are the same channel on the mixer. In Garageband I can make 30 tracks and have them all be input 1 on the multimix. I want to do this with logic. Any ideas?

-TD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté sam. 6 mai 2006, 02:03
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

How do you create the 5th track? it looks like you copy the settings of the first, so I think you are not using the right way to do it as an independent track. As I'm not a Logic user I can't tell you, but it seems rather clear it's the main problem.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
lancet
posté sam. 6 mai 2006, 15:31
Message #3

Inscrit : 07 juil. 04
Lieu : - US
Membre no 46,480

First look at Preferences> Audio > Drivers and see what your "Max number of audio tracks" is set to. Adjust as required.

Then check Audio>Audio Mixer. How many audio channels do you have set up?
It sounds like you have 4. They have to be in this environment.

In the Audio Mixer select New>Audio object and create as many as you need. You can drag things around as you see fit

Then in the Arrange window you can select your last real audio track (in your case , Audio 4) and then pick "Track > create with next instrument" to add your new audio tracks. Or you can pick "create multiple" to add more than one.

Then you just need to make sure the I/O section of the channel strip in the mixer is set as you need it to be.

---Objects in the environment (audio mixer) can be added as tracks to the Arrange window.
---Tracks in the Arrange window will then be in your track mixer.

good luck smile.gif

Ce message a été modifié par lancet - sam. 6 mai 2006, 15:39.

--------------------

+Quote Post
aportman
posté dim. 7 mai 2006, 06:09
Message #4

Rookie

Inscrit : 13 nov. 05
Lieu : League City - US
Membre no 72,457

I am not a Logic user (Cubase SX3), and may be missing out on what you are having trouble with. All you have to do is assign your 5th track to whatever input you are wanting to use, make sure the "arm" button on the 4 tracks you have already recorded is off, you should have input signal coming through and ready to record on the 5th track. You should no longer have an audio signal indicating on the previously recorded 4 track. You can even go as far as disengaging all inputs for the tracks that are completed.

I do it all the time in Cubase SX, using only an 8 I/O Delta 1010 M-Audio, placing sometimes upward to 30-40 audio tracks, plus many Reason midi tracks. Hope this helps -- may not even be close to what you are asking.

Good Luck!!!

Allen

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
posté lun. 8 mai 2006, 18:18
Message #5

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

To reveal all available tracks, busses, AUXs, and outputs engage the Global button on the track mixer, double click on the desired track and it will appear in the arrange window.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
lancet
posté mar. 9 mai 2006, 02:53
Message #6

Inscrit : 07 juil. 04
Lieu : - US
Membre no 46,480

QUOTE (gdoubleyou @ May 8 2006, 12:18)
To reveal all available tracks, busses, AUXs, and outputs engage the Global button on the track mixer, double click on the desired track and it will appear in the arrange window.

I never new about double click part. I knew about the global button.

Thanks!

i've been using logic for a long time too.. blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
aportman
posté mer. 10 mai 2006, 21:20
Message #7

Rookie

Inscrit : 13 nov. 05
Lieu : League City - US
Membre no 72,457

Thanks for the excellent feedback, giving valuable information to make a decision in this area of dilemma. It does become frustrating, worrying about chnages every few years. I was considering going ahead and purchasing one of the G5 Dual Cores before they are gone. I am just very concerned with the Intel migration. I will have to make some type of decision pretty quick.

Thanks so much for your support.

allen

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 29 avril 2024, 07:54
- © MacMusic 1997-2008