MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motu 828 Highpitchsound/driver Not Found, possible hardware prob.. not sure
redember
posté lun. 17 avril 2006, 11:42
Message #11

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 avril 06
Lieu : Perth - AU
Membre no 78,978

i've reset the SMU and i did a repair permissions from the OSX boot disk and it worked today for about 5 hours and then the motu has just cut out again!
this:
system/library/Filesystems/cd99660.fs/cd9660.util. New Permissions are 33261
seems to be be the only thing that is repaired when i'm doing the permissions repair now.
is there any clue in this file to the problem?

just now i removed the mou driver ,cleaned with onyx,repaired permissions via the OSXdisk, re-installed the motu driver, reinstalled the logic update, then repaired disk permissions again,, and everything was ok for 5 min then cuts out again....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
redember
posté lun. 17 avril 2006, 15:14
Message #12

Membre no 78,978

coincedently, this was, what i presume to be the final reply from motu:

Hello,

This is most likely a specific hardware issue. Purchasing a new unit would resolve the issue and get you back up and running.

Regards,
MOTU Tech Support

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté lun. 17 avril 2006, 17:40
Message #13

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Permissions: the file is ok, when it says "New Permissions are" etc it's only the mods decided by Apple. Not something wrong in the file itself.

When we ask to repair permissions, it's to rule out issues with file ownership which may occurs when something is installed.

MOTU support: mhmm very helpful… sad.gif

Have you reset the MOTU itself?

Save the graphic card, have you something in the PCI slots? What are the peripherals in USB ?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
redember
posté mar. 18 avril 2006, 13:37
Message #14

Membre no 78,978

the motu828 doesn't have a reset function that i am aware of?

and there's nothing in the PCI slots, a firewire HD on the other port. usb stuff aided with a hub- LogicDongle,mouse,kboard,ipod dock,MIDI converters:EmagicMT4 and RolandUM2 (midi runs fine)

my laptop is now showing similar reaction as the deskttop does now, pointing another finger at the hardware maybe?

i phoned a guy in a local shop that's a motu reseller, and he also reckons a new unit will do the trick, i might see if i can 'borrow' one wink.gif

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mar. 18 avril 2006, 17:36
Message #15

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Membre no 2,758

As I linked to in my first answer… and hinted to do since…

to reset the 828:
- Unplug the firewire
- press the button "setup", turn full right until "factory default"
- push select
- confirm with "value"
- plug back firewire

Have you tried with just keyboard, mouse and 828 ? You should. It'll rule out the other peripherals.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
cornutt
posté mer. 19 avril 2006, 20:33
Message #16

Inscrit : 10 févr. 02
Lieu : Huntsville, AL
Membre no 3,371

Have you noticed if the clock setting on the 828 changes when it does this? Mine does that occasionally, although it doesn't squeal; it just quits working. When I look at the pane and see that the 48 light is on instead of the 44.1 light, I just use Clockworks to command it back to 44.1, and that usually gets it going again.

Other than that, I suspect it's something that is thermal inside the 828 (that's why it works for a while).

--------------------
Dave Cornutt

+Quote Post
redember
posté mer. 26 avril 2006, 09:59
Message #17

Membre no 78,978

hhm. there is no button on my 828 that says setup (there are no 'buttons' at all) - maybe this is a really old one. sorry, just doesn't sound like the one you're referring to...

tried it with no prephirals and on the laptop the same, with no glory

the light does flick from 48-44.1 and thats immediatley how i know if its gonna play or not. - sorry i'm not sure what clockworks is, but i'd like to try that.

i have an 828mrk2 now on loan from the music shop and it works perfectly (for three days now) SO - i think i may have an easy way (not cheap!) out of this problem.

that does appear to suggest the hardware was at fault i guess? blink.gif

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté jeu. 27 avril 2006, 01:58
Message #18

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Membre no 2,758

Yep, could be… it's a rather common issue with the 828 family… but on some, some tweaking helps, on others MOTU repairs help, and last, desperate cases. There must have been a bunch of faulty one out… Or it uses a chip that goes SHHHHHHHH in some conditions. sad.gif Which is bad as MOTU may be uncommunicative sometimes, slow as hell for repairs, etc. But their hardware is good hardware. rolleyes.gif

I'd ask on unicornation or to MOTU the reset procedure for a 828 without reset button.

The procedure I gave comes from MOTU and is for the mkII see here Unfortunately the 828 is no more supported in their tech notes… Maybe a mail to them… wink.gif (a polite one)

--------------------

+Quote Post
cornutt
posté jeu. 27 avril 2006, 04:26
Message #19

Inscrit : 10 févr. 02
Lieu : Huntsville, AL
Membre no 3,371

Aha! When the clock setting changes spontaneously on the 828, CoreAudio doesn't know about it, and nothing works right after that. I misspoke on the name of the MOTU utility software; it's not Clockworks but rather the MOTU FireWire Console. It will let you change the clock setting back to what it's supposed to be. To download it, you need to go to motu.com, select "Downloads" from the home page, and then sign up for a download account (no cost). Then, you can go to the OSX category, select FireWire Software, and download the universal audio install package.

Martien, FYI: the original 828, unlike the 828MkII, doesn't have any front panel controls other than the input level knobs. To set it up, you have to use the FireWire Console app. There is a procedure for resetting an original 828; it's documented in the support area on the MOTU Web site. It involves opening the case. I've never done it myself.

--------------------
Dave Cornutt

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté ven. 28 avril 2006, 02:09
Message #20

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Membre no 2,758

I've tried to find it there to no avail angry.gif

If the reset is only opening and press a switch (with some caution on statics) you can do it, save if you're the kind dangerous when near a screwdriver. But try the software route first. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 20 oct. 2024, 01:43
- © MacMusic 1997-2008