MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mbox2 Or Tascam Or ???, Need advice on Interface
CaptainAmerica
posté sam. 25 mars 2006, 18:31
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 mars 06
Lieu : Sammamish - US
Membre no 78,615

(Sorry, being new, I posted this prior to the wrong forum. I think it belongs here).

Newbie here (to both Mac and Audio): I just purchased an Mbox2 with ProTool and found that this SW is not compatible with my MacTel notebook. I couldnt get the Mac to recognize the Mbox2 and wanted to use it with Garageband. I think I am going to go in a new direction and use GarageBand and LogicExpress.

Here's my question: What are the good Audio/Midi interface devices. As I understand it, my Mbox wont really work with this since the driver is not avail for MacTel yet. Is the Tascam US-122 the only thing that will work with what I'm trying to do? (which is to connect a Roland Electric Drum set played live with a live Electric Guitar), then lay a live audio track down.)

Thanks everyone.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté dim. 26 mars 2006, 05:41
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

(please, when you post in the wrong forum, don't repost… moderators will move the thread… ain't that great?)

First, before you should have looked at the release dates of the drivers/compatible software. If I remember well, it's going to be in 2 months for Digidesign (correct me if I'm wrong, I following other stuff right now… and the Messe is coming soooooon wink.gif

Our compatibility report is here

You need exactly how many i/o? cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
CaptainAmerica
posté dim. 26 mars 2006, 15:14
Message #3

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 mars 06
Lieu : Sammamish - US
Membre no 78,615

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Mar 26 2006, 04:41)
(please, when you post in the wrong forum, don't repost… moderators will move the thread… ain't that great?)

First, before you should have looked at the release dates of the drivers/compatible software. If I remember well, it's going to be in 2 months for Digidesign (correct me if I'm wrong, I following other stuff right now… and the Messe is coming soooooon wink.gif

Our compatibility report is here

You need exactly how many i/o? cool.gif

Probably true - but as I said, I am very new to Macs (today, I am 1 week old!) and have been using Win since day 1. There is no such concept in the WinTel world as software not working when a processor changes since it's been on the same architechture. My bad for not realizing this. What I've discoved over the past 2 days is that very little software for what I'm trying to do is available right now. Only Garageband and Logic Pro that I'm aware of.

What I did yesterday is take back the Mbox2 and go with the Prosonus Firebox. It worked out of the box without having to install drivers (unlike the Mbox2 which needed ProTools installed which wouldn't). So now with the Prosonus, I can at least use GarageBand to get an electric drum set and electric guitar in the mac. It looks like Cubase wont be avail until June. Thanks.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté dim. 26 mars 2006, 15:30
Message #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Yup, it's a moving territory, but fortunately (I can tell you) it'll settle down nicely fast. We may even be surprised at the forthcoming Musikmesse in a few days in Frankfurt.

As the new computers are fast, I bet developers will do their best to catch up. It's way faster and easier than the 68k/PowerPC or the OS 9/OS X transition already that were bumpier and longer.

I hope you enjoy your Presonus interface, they make good stuff these guys. cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 23 mai 2024, 20:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008