MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Limitations Of Ableton Live For Recording, Can it be a stand alone software?
UP Multimedia
posté mer. 8 mars 2006, 14:41
Message #11

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 14 sept. 05
Lieu : Hamburg - DE
Membre no 69,997

td3k... Pro Tools, Logic and Live... No wonder you only have $.02! I know your music will make a fortune for you.

King
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edge100
posté lun. 13 mars 2006, 22:25
Message #12

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 20 mai 04
Lieu : Ottawa - CA
Membre no 43,617

Live is a great piece of software.

Logic is a great piece of software.

Use 'em together, and you'll get the best of both.

I wouldn't say Live is unsuitable for multi-tracking. In fact, in some ways, its better than Logic. MUCH more flexible track routing, allows on-the-fly looping, and so many other things that are either impossible in Logic (and other DAWs, I might add), or much more difficult. Plus its the only DAW that supports both AU and VST plugs without a wrapper, which may or may not be important to you.

It's also somewhat limited. Audio and MIDI editing is VERY basic and it's a CPU hog. Logic's built-in plug-ins destroy what Live offers (same compared to any DAW, Mac or PC!)

Seriously, use them both for what they're good at. Sequence your loops and work out your arrangements in Live. Multi-track in Logic or Live. Mix in Logic, and you're set. Or any combination of these. Each program has its strengths and weaknesses.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 12 oct. 2024, 01:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008