MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Protools Le 7 And Antares Autotune 4.3.8, Can't use auto-tune without crashing
jeroen57
posté mar. 7 mars 2006, 16:12
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 juin 04
Lieu : Merchtem - BE
Membre no 44,338

Hi,

I'm having severe problems with protools and antares auto-tune. I've purchased the latest version of autotune last week. I'm running my Pro-tools 7.0 LE on a G5, dual 2.5 processor with 4.5 Gb RAM installed. I'm running Tiger (10.4.5) with a DIGI 002. I normally don't have problems with any plug-ins (I'm able to run up to 90 tracks ->32 audio, loads of midi and softsynths) in a session, but I can't run one auto-tune on a mono track.

THE PROBLEM:

when pluging the autotune my system doesn't crash immediately, but stays for a couple of minutes. So I can tune and adjust whatever needs adjusting but then all of a sudden my protools unexpectedly quits. It doesn't matter if I'm playing the song or not.. doesn't make any difference. When I'm playing the song the sound hangs before protools quits, the sound stays for a very short time after protools closed down. Trying to use autotune as audiosuite is impossible (then the system crashes when I want to preview or bounce the settings). When the system crashes everything crashes (since OS X I'm not used to that anymore) so I have to REBOOT my computer.

I've tried to raise my buffer size etc.. but it all doesn't make any difference

Anyhow, I've tried everything (contacted both technical support, tried all the known solutions->no TDM install, getting rid of all prefs,.. etc) but nobody has ever heard about this problem. I'm a professional musicproducer and I've installed this plugin to get my tuningwork done quicker (I used to do it with melodyne, but wasn't for me) I need some help, and I hope someone on this forum knows what to do

thank you
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ewlewl
posté mer. 8 mars 2006, 16:32
Message #2

Inscrit : 27 juil. 04
Lieu : Mt Plot - CA
Membre no 47,742

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Times][FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
    I had the same problem when i had a panther 1.6 osx with 4 giga bytes of ram on a pro tools 6.9 tdm system. do edits with autotune as an audiosuite plugin have a crash and loose everything. notified digidesign and antares got no reply. seems they dont care .put this info on some other forums didn't get any help . i decided that maybe it was panther and the 1.6 operating system so i bought a new dual 2.0 tiger and upgraded to pro tools 7.0. guess what does the same thing "CRASHES" . Over a period of time i found out that if i'm gonna do any edits with autotune that i have to shut down reason you cannot even have it open in dockor have it inserted on an aux track with it made inactive . THIS HASN'T CURED MY PROBLEM A 100 PERCENT but at least it has stopped some of the crashes . also i do edits for a few minutes then do a save and close session reopen and then continue doing edit and repeat save and close. this is alot of trouble but try wading through hundreds of edits and this is not so bad . i just wish Antares or Digi could help fix this

+Quote Post
    Morbass2004
    posté mer. 8 mars 2006, 17:01
    Message #3

Inscrit : 26 févr. 05
    Membre no 61,347

If you need help with Melodyne I can help you with that....
    Gene

+Quote Post
    jeroen57
    posté mer. 8 mars 2006, 17:25
    Message #4

Inscrit : 02 juin 04
    Lieu : Merchtem - BE
    Membre no 44,338

I'm really sorry I didn't upgrade to melodyne uno (I had a promotional LE version) but it crashed also (couldn't make it run through rewire)
    In one of the crashing sessions I had reason in background indeed, but some others not...
    It's really annoying to know that you had problems for quite some time, and they don't look for a solution...I'll post this quistion everyday on antares support until they reply...
    I somehow hoped my OS was too new (10.4.4)

tx for your replies

+Quote Post
    ewlewl
    posté mer. 8 mars 2006, 17:46
    Message #5

Inscrit : 27 juil. 04
    Lieu : Mt Plot - CA
    Membre no 47,742

GOOD LUCK GETTING A RESPONSE! out of all my plugins autotune is my only crash demon. thanks for info on upgrade . until your post i was on ver 4.3.0. now i'm on 4.3.8 maybe this will help my system. i'm on osx 10.4.3

+Quote Post
    Windsing
    posté mer. 22 mars 2006, 08:36
    Message #6

Inscrit : 22 mars 06
    Lieu : EFFINGHAM - US
    Membre no 78,490

I am part of a studio that uses Autotune quite a bit. We use OS9 Pro Tools LE on a G4. One thing we have had to do do is use Autotune on one vocal track at a time- perfect it - then burn it to a disc as an AIFF file. Then import that same perfected track back into the session and eliminate the original vocal from the session without any further need for Autotune as a plug in on that track. You can save the original tack as an audio file in case you want to recall it later or just mute the original vocal track.

I must add this - I recently bought a Mac Powerbook 17" with 1G of RAM to use on mobile sessions. None of the plugins from the studio work on OSX Pro Tools 7.0. Its quite a shame. I downloaded AVOX and Autotune demo versions to try out on the Powerbook. I recorded 4 harmony vocal tracks about 20 seconds long to try out CHOIR, THROAT, and Autotune. I put Autotune on all tracks - amazingly, all was fine. I used THROAT on all tracks - wow, all was fine. Then, when I started to use CHOIR, it crashed. I decided to remove all of the Autotune plugins from the session to finish out with CHOIR. It was still crashing using only 4 voices of CHOIR per track and Autotune gone. I don't have near the RAM, hard drive space or processing power as do some on this forum. What amount of RAM and processing power or farm cards does it take to make a Pro Tools system that is totally reliable and bullet proof from this seemingly common problem? What really works? Why are these plugins so unstable? Why have all of these wonderful plugins if you can't use them in a straightforward way? Finally, why buy them if they can't be used?

+Quote Post
    maziz
    posté jeu. 23 mars 2006, 15:21
    Message #7

Inscrit : 12 janv. 06
    Lieu : Hyères - FR
    Membre no 75,214

Hi,

I have posted a few messages about this. I think that there are systemic problems between the Osx tiger version 10.4 and Protools 7. Whenever I try to create a midi track with Protools, my computer crashes. I have tried everything. I am going to continue using Garageband for noting ideas and will convert to PC and Acid. I have lost too much time already trying to figure this out.

M

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
    0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 4 juin 2024, 02:03
    - © MacMusic 1997-2008