MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Garageband And Mbox: Weird Playback Tempo And Pitc, garageband and mbox
Tchiya
posté mar. 27 déc. 2005, 04:45
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 27 déc. 05
Lieu : Covelo - US
Membre no 74,438

Hi. I have been using garageband with an mbox for awhile now. I am using an ibookg4.

One day, we used garageband without the mbox attached. Then we we re-attached it. After a live instrument via microphone, it plays back with a sped up tempo and weird pitch. When a friend came by and did defragmenting, repairs, etc, it recorded fine. Of course, I needed to do some housecleaning, disconnected the mbox. Lo and behold, when I re-connected it, it plays back weird again. I have tried several discussion boards, apple care is avoiding me. Everyone says to try digidesign support, but so far, no online help has answered yet.

It might be distorted because the live instrument levels are too high, but nowhere do the levels appear to be distorted.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté mar. 27 déc. 2005, 23:08
Message #2

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

Sounds like the bit rate of the live recording is not the same as the bit rate of the M'box.

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Tchiya
posté mer. 28 déc. 2005, 02:07
Message #3

Inscrit : 27 déc. 05
Lieu : Covelo - US
Membre no 74,438

Thanks. That is probably the best and easiest way to say it. This is what I found out.

Got some help at another board. This might save someone 3 weeks of their time....

Run repairs et al before doing anything. Turn on core audio BEFORE garageband. AND DON'T HIT QUIT AFTER YOU SET IT, BECAUSE WHEN YOU TURN GARAGEBAND BACK ON, WHO KNOWS WHAT IT CHOOSES.....It's funny, when I set the core audio box to low buffer size (512) and also the one at optimum perf in garageband, EVERYTHING played back really slow! Of course I freaked out. But, since now I know how to check things out at itunes, I just kept on tweaking, cuz they played fine at itunes.

Okay, so I set the buffer sizes back to high, well I turned on digidesign core audio BEFORE garageband, then reset at garageband for maximum tracks being played (at the GB audio/midi preferences). I am concerned, though becuase I am using live instruments, and you are supposed to use the small buffer selection.

What's that sound and face Charlie Brown makes when he's frustrated? aaarrrggghhhhhh!!!!! sigh.

Tchiya

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté mer. 28 déc. 2005, 15:59
Message #4

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

I ran into this problem when importing files from my primary recording software (Metro 6) recorded at the 24 bit rate into GB. The playback was waaay slooow. Not knowing what was going on I went back to the primary software and the same thing happened. Thats when I noticed GB defaults at 16 bit (the max for GB).

Must remember to dither. Must remember to dither...... blink.gif

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 7 mai 2024, 22:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008