MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1 Guitar + 1 Keyboard + 1 Powermac G3 = !?, Some straightforward advice required
barneysoup
posté mar. 21 oct. 2003, 16:49
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 20 oct. 03
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 27,159

I want to record 4 - perhaps 8 tracks at the most - of audio (voice, guitar, bass etc) with then some drums programmed perhaps. I'm only after crude results and with the little research I've done so far, I've figured I need the following:

USB audio interface; the Tascam Us122 appeals.
Sequencer; I've downloaded Pro Tools free and for my basic purposes been recomended Emagic Micrologic, the former being OS9 of course.

I'm not sure if this is sufficient for my entry level requirements. Indeed, I might need more or be way off with what i've earmarked so far...

I have an acoustic guitar (with an electric pick up), a PowerMac G3 running Mac OSX and a Technics keyboard (not sure if this is going to be of any benefit - its my fathers of old) and i'd really appreciate some guidance through the minefield of soft/hardware.

Any tips would be great. Its worth a (cyber) beer!

B
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
colnago89
posté mer. 22 oct. 2003, 01:31
Message #2

Inscrit : 04 août 03
Lieu : Waverly - US
Membre no 22,426

I use an mbox (450.00) and it works great for what you are looking for. it has two inputs......both have xlr and 1/4", phantom power, and mic preamps. it has a selctor switch for each channel where you can switch from instrument(for your guitar pickup), line, or mic. it has an effects loop for outboard gear, two out puts, spdif, and a headphone jack with volume control. it is very easy to use as it comes with protools le! i use the guitar straight in and then run it through amplitube(wich is a amp simulator plugin software) with awesome results. as for drums.......you can buy sampler software......or (what i use) reason( you will need a midi controller keyboard to trigger the drums...like edirol pcr series or maudio). i think digidesign might still have the promo on which is...if you buy a protools setup you get free software (amplitube le, sampletank, reason, and abeleton live). a friend of mine just bought this and got that deal9wish i would have waited!). i record no more than two channels at a time and this works great for me. no headaches!

+Quote Post
boze
posté lun. 27 oct. 2003, 15:28
Message #3

Inscrit : 13 sept. 03
Lieu : - US
Membre no 24,676

i put a bunch of generic info in this thread that might help:
http://www.macmusic.org/agora/forums/?act=...t=9159&lang=EN&

check out the link at that thread for the freeware program 'audacity' also, which is a free daw app for osx.

--------------------
Kit: Dual Ghz G4, Vaio 2.6ghz GRV670 notebook. Software: Reaktor, Reason, Ableton Live. Leanings: Laptop performance, jazz guitar, singing.

+Quote Post
David Delaney
posté jeu. 22 déc. 2005, 21:14
Message #4

Inscrit : 22 déc. 05
Lieu : Kings Hill - UK
Membre no 74,285

Hello mate, did you manage to find the info you needed? I'm looking for a keyboard for my G4 (for Sian to use), any ideas?

Best

DD

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 13 mai 2024, 03:39
- © MacMusic 1997-2008