MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cd/ Itunes And Soundcard
posté dim. 7 juil. 2002, 20:25
Message #1

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

have motu 828, ibook, reason, cubase, peak etc. everything works fine except CDs. How do I get iTunes/ CDs to playback through the 828?

where does the ASIO driver go so the motu appears as an output in the sound menu.

unsure.gif

Cheers in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr.T
posté dim. 7 juil. 2002, 23:32
Message #2

SuperHero

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 nov. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,244

You can't do that within the computer (via bussing)... You have to extract the CD's track by using softs such as Toast Audio Extractor (then import resulting file in DP) or DP itself (in DP->Soundbites window->Mini menu->Import Audio CD).The same goes for Cubase or any audio softs (Pro Tools, Logic...).

--------------------

+Quote Post
posté lun. 8 juil. 2002, 09:58
Message #3

Groupe :
Membre no 0

jeez that's dumb! blink.gif

thanks for the heads up

+Quote Post
Mr.T
posté lun. 8 juil. 2002, 11:36
Message #4

SuperHero

Membre no 2,244

Just re-read your original post, you're saying:
"where does the ASIO driver go so the motu appears as an output in the sound menu."
This is another question, right?... Nothing to do with "capturing" CDs. Having the Motu to appear in the Apple sound menu would be possible (to monitor your Mac's sound and read CD through the Motu) but that wouldn't help at all capturing CD's through the MOTU.
The simpliest and fastest way to capture CDs is, in my opinion, the one I'm using (not saying that I'm clever, but...). I have my CD deck hooked up to my mixer via analogue so that I can bus the CD to my audio interface. Sure we're talking many conversions here (D/A-A/D) but it's much more convenient in my opinion. This way I can quickly capture small part of a CD's track. When extracting, you'll have to capture the whole track... Just my way...

--------------------

+Quote Post
posté mar. 9 juil. 2002, 22:35
Message #5

Groupe :
Membre no 0

you got it- i'm trying to get the 828 to playback the CD audio. Can't see the Motu in the controls>sound, only SM.

Have tried moving the ASIO driver just about everywhere but it never appears in the menu so output is via conventional out not firewire Motu???? huh.gif

Can rip tracks with Peak LE but even this invokes the SM on preview CD (extracted palys back via Motu)

this is really bugging me. so the question: where do I place the asio driver so the card appears in the sound menu? sad.gif

cheers,

+Quote Post
Mr.T
posté mer. 10 juil. 2002, 09:58
Message #6

SuperHero

Membre no 2,244

Good question in fact... I never use anything else than Internal in the Sound Control Panel since,otherwise, it's a known crash issue when using PT...Just checked the panel...I have DIGI001, Miro DC30 but not the MOTU 2408... This should be automatic (no need to move the driver). Would that mean that MOTU's hardware can't be used to replace the Sound Manager... I'll check and keep you posted (do likewise if you have the info first). See you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
posté sam. 13 juil. 2002, 09:21
Message #7

Groupe :
Membre no 0

Almost too embarassing to admit! In Motu Firewire Controller highlight, tick 'enable Sound Manager'. Reboot. Job done rolleyes.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mr.T
posté sam. 13 juil. 2002, 11:42
Message #8

SuperHero

Membre no 2,244

Good for you...
See ya.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 26 juin 2024, 08:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008