MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M-audio Audiophile 192 Problems On Tiger, It doesn't work well under 10.4.2
lancet
posté jeu. 29 déc. 2005, 13:55
Message #11

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 07 juil. 04
Lieu : - US
Membre no 46,480

QUOTE (Fdumptch @ Dec 28 2005, 22:33)
I have NO idea why the drivers won't load if I have my mac auto login. I only have one account (me) .

It has always seemed strange to me that the drivers are within the "Startup Items" and not in the Extensions Folder.

Yea , very strange. It half loads because the delta control panel sees the card is there.

fortunately it's just an annoyance. I reboot my machine so seldom anyway. the good part is that with the latest round of drivers I haven't had the "snap crackle pop for no reason" thing happen yet.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fdumptch
posté mer. 4 janv. 2006, 01:53
Message #12

Inscrit : 04 juil. 02
Lieu : AU
Membre no 5,430

The only thing I have noticed is that I can't make use of Aggregate devices with the latest and greatest update.
Every time they "Fix" something they F@#$% something else up.

+Quote Post
Steve9
posté jeu. 12 janv. 2006, 07:23
Message #13

Inscrit : 17 nov. 05
Lieu : Sydney - AU
Membre no 72,628

Aargh...

I bought ProTools M-Powered. It can not find the card without the driver upgrade. Installed the new 2.0.5 driver, ProTools runs, but....No sound out (for any application). VU meters look OK, but silence.

Used the installer to Uninstall, & then installed the old 1.x driver. Sound works OK, but ProTools 7 can't find the card, & will not load!

Finally tried the logout/login install. Looks like it is working on a clean system on my test disk. Why don't they put this on their site?

No luck with the real system though. Looks like I will have to rebuild from sratch.

G5 Dual 2.7GHz
OSX 10.4.4
Audiophile 2496
Reason 3
ProTools 7
(Hassle)

G4 500
OSX 10.3.9
Audiophile 2496
Protools 6.8
(this works fine)

PS Has anyone tried to connect via SPDIF? I have the machines set up back to back. I can get analogue in & out between them but not SPDIF. Also, I notice that the MIDI clock works but is quite glitchy.

Ce message a été modifié par Steve9 - jeu. 12 janv. 2006, 07:54.

+Quote Post
Fdumptch
posté mer. 8 févr. 2006, 16:34
Message #14

Membre no 5,430

This is not a complete fix for the problems I've been having with the Audiophile 192, which are:

1. Drivers not loading unless "Automatically log in as" is deselected
2. Losing sync and either having to log out, reboot or use a utility like "SoundSource" to switch between cards.

BUT... it does seem to have improved things somewhat.

What I have done (this time) is to "sym-link" all of the M-Audio extension files from within the StartupItems (4 items with .kext extension) to the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder.

NOW the drivers load and the card is found without having to disable "Auto log in" and although the card STILL loses sync especially when scrubbing through audio files in QuickTime or iTunes etc. the skipping, stuttering and distortion can be solved by just quickly clicking on a new position on the timeline (in QuickTime player or iTunes for example) to bring the playhead to another section of the file which then starts playing properly again. No need to log out or restart to get it working again.

Here's how:
1. Using the terminal Application - found in Applications/Utilities - type sudo -s <return>
You will be asked or an admin password, so type that in.
2. Next, you will want to create the "Sym-Links" from the directory: /Library/StartupItems/ M-Audio PCI Audio Helper/
I found the easiest way was to use drag and drop from the Finder into the terminal application - so:

Open up the following folders and position their windows side by side. /System/Library/Extensions/ and /Library/StartupItems/ M-Audio PCI Audio Helper/

There's probably a quicker way to do these all at once - but I just did them one at a time.
In the /Library/StartupItems/ M-Audio PCI Audio Helper/ folder - you will see 4 .kext files (ignore anything that doesn't have the extension ".kext" - so the files you want are:
MAudioDeltaFamily.kext
MAudioDeltaFamilyJaguar.kext
MAudioDeltaHT.kext
MAudioDeltaHTJaguar.kext

Back in the terminal Type: ln -s <and then a space> now drag the first .kext file to the terminal and it's full path will be auto completed for you < type another space> then just highlight the last bit of that directory path and copy it into the paste buffer <Apple> <C>. So in this case that would be "MAudioDeltaFamily.kext"

Now - back in the finder - click on the title bar of the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder (directly on the little picture of the folder with "Extensions" next to it) and just drag that little icon into the terminal window after the space you just typed. That creates the first part of the full path to the sym-link we are about to create.

Now paste in the name of the file you copied into the paste buffer and you have the full command to make a sym-link. NOTE - if you have a space at the end of the path - just press the delete key once to clear it. Now press return and a sym-link is created for you.

Repeat these steps for the remaining 3 .kext files and you're done.
This is probably not essential - but before rebooting run "Repair Permissions on your drive.
Also - don't forget to go back to the Accounts Preference Pane and set your Mac to Auto log in before rebooting.
One other thing I should mention is that I also put my card in SLOT 4 (the top one) I don't know if this makes a difference or not (?)

I've been running this way for a few weeks now and haven't noticed any bad side effects.
Hope this helps

+Quote Post
lancet
posté mer. 8 févr. 2006, 18:28
Message #15

Membre no 46,480

Thanks Fdumptcf, Great job!

I used Cocktail to create the links and save in the desired location.

You still need to do one at time.. but it works so far!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fdumptch
posté jeu. 9 févr. 2006, 06:02
Message #16

Membre no 5,430

You're welcome lancet - glad it works for you as well, oh and thanks for the tip about Cocktail - forgot about that utility

+Quote Post
lancet
posté jeu. 9 févr. 2006, 18:20
Message #17

Membre no 46,480

yea, I saw that feature in Cocktail and thought to myself, "when would I ever need that?" lol

You should send that to M-Audio tech support.. oh wait. I'm the only one with that problem so nevermind. wink.gif

Ce message a été modifié par lancet - jeu. 9 févr. 2006, 18:21.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fdumptch
posté ven. 10 févr. 2006, 00:17
Message #18

Membre no 5,430

I can't even get tech support now - as an "International" consumer I am being referred to my local distributor.
So M-Audio are saying - hey , still not happy? Then buy another card.

Ce message a été modifié par Fdumptch - ven. 10 févr. 2006, 00:35.

+Quote Post
Fdumptch
posté sam. 11 févr. 2006, 03:32
Message #19

Membre no 5,430

UPDATE
I took this one step further and now using Tiger's "launchd" instead of (what I think must be) SystemStarter to load DeltaHelper - seems to work even better.

This combined with "locking" the sample rate in the Delta Preference Pane seems to have stopped (or at least reduced) the loss of sync issues. So far I've been unable to reproduce the loss of sync symptoms using QuickTime Player and iTunes to scrub through and jump through audio files.

I don't pretend to know why this works - was just clutching at imaginary straw-like things as launchd seems to be the preferred way to, well, launch things in Tiger.

If you're bored - try it.
Just download "Lingon" (a GUI launchd editor) and make a new launchd job for DeltaHelper.
http://lingon.sourceforge.net/

Ce message a été modifié par Fdumptch - sam. 11 févr. 2006, 03:35.

+Quote Post
Fdumptch
posté mer. 15 févr. 2006, 03:52
Message #20

Membre no 5,430

UPDATE
loss of sync symptoms still happen - but no need to reboot or log out to fix them

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 29 avril 2024, 13:41
- © MacMusic 1997-2008