MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M-audio Audiophile 192 Problems On Tiger, It doesn't work well under 10.4.2
iBug
posté sam. 10 sept. 2005, 18:25
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 sept. 05
Lieu : East Lansing - US
Membre no 69,833

I have a dual 2.7 G5, bought this Audiophile 192 just yesterday, installed the newest drivers for 10.4.2 but it doesn't work properly. In iTunes for example or Quicktime Player, or DVD player, if the sampling rate is set to 192 or anything higher than 44100, there are pops and clicks all the time, it goes away sometimes but I have no idea when they go away. Sometimes I stop the song and resume it and they are gone. Sometimes, even if I switch back to 44100, they don't go away. I close the running programs, log out, log in, set the rate to 44100 and open all the programs again to get rid of it. But sometimes it just works. What is wrong with this card? Is my unit defected or is it about the drivers again?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fdumptch
posté mer. 14 sept. 2005, 06:18
Message #2

Inscrit : 04 juil. 02
Lieu : AU
Membre no 5,430

I'm having similar issues with Dual 2.3 G5 running Tiger 10.4.2.
It ran perfectly on my G4 867 running Panther. (And still does as I took it out and put it back in the G4 to test if the card had fried) I really am beginning to wonder if it has to do with PCI X and which slot you put it in.

I have sent (god knows how many reports) to M-Audio - no resolution.
The drivers won't even load unless I don't allow the Mac to auto login - I have to let it go through to the login window - then type in my account pass - only then will the drivers actually load.

I've tried de-installing , reinstalling I even reformatted and did a fresh install of Tiger.
I've had the same issues with EVERY version of Tiger.

BTW - M-Audio support are pretty good at making you think you are the ONLY one with an issue.
I for one was glad to see your post, although it doesn't change anything, I feel better knowing I'm not alone.

Ce message a été modifié par Fdumptch - mer. 14 sept. 2005, 06:21.

+Quote Post
iBug
posté mer. 14 sept. 2005, 14:45
Message #3

Membre no 69,833

Yes, the same thing with me. I have to login every time to get the drivers loaded. I wrote them about it 3 times now. No useful reply. I used 24/96 with my G4 and didn't have any problems on Panther. But now, this thing sucks.

+Quote Post
lancet
posté mer. 14 sept. 2005, 23:51
Message #4

Inscrit : 07 juil. 04
Lieu : - US
Membre no 46,480

They REALLY did make me feel like I was the only one.... dual 2.5, 10.4.2.

BTW . logging out and back in works too.

I've tried switching slots around with no effect.

there are no work arounds for the poor performance.
@ 48k the built-in audio blows it away. I can work up a good sized project using only the built-in audio, then switch to AP192 and the thing chokes

very glad to hear it's not just me

Ce message a été modifié par lancet - mer. 14 sept. 2005, 23:53.

--------------------

+Quote Post
iBug
posté jeu. 15 sept. 2005, 00:19
Message #5

Membre no 69,833

I tried switching the PCI slots, no difference. M-Audio better come with working drivers SOON!!!!!

+Quote Post
Fdumptch
posté jeu. 15 sept. 2005, 07:39
Message #6

Membre no 5,430

OK so there's 3 of us in the same boat.
I'll just keep filling out the tech support forms and it would be good if you guys can do the same.

The last one I sent was months ago asking which slot I should use the 133 MHz or 100 MHZ ....
I got no response.

Now I see it doesn't matter - basically would you agree it seems to be a sync problem?

I also can't use the standalone version of Absynth 2.0.5 with this card either - Absynth just stops responding and I have to force quit if I try and set the audio to Audiophile 192.

The plug-in version works fine with Cubase SX 3 ( and now 3.1)
I tried also to use a free Synth made by NI distributed by CM Magazine - same problem if I try and select Audiophile as the destination for output.
I tried locking the sample rate in the Delta Control Panel to see if that would help at all - but no - it's just the same crap.
If I play anything with QuickTime player or iTunes and stop the song and restart or skip through a song - I get the same "sync" issues - output becomes choppy and Distorted.....

My work around now is that I installed SoundSource from Rogue Amoeba Software which puts a menu item up that you can quickly change between cards (sound sources) Temporarily switching to built-in audio and back to the 192 fixes up the audio - but this is just such crap to go through.

Ce message a été modifié par Fdumptch - jeu. 15 sept. 2005, 07:47.

+Quote Post
lancet
posté jeu. 15 sept. 2005, 13:55
Message #7

Membre no 46,480

I've already sent m-audio support 5 or 6 emails on the subject. I'll continue to report the issues every time they release a driver update that doesn't fix anything.

The weird logout/in issue aside, the one thing I haven't been able able to test is to use another clock source. i suspect that would drastically improve the cards performance.

As for me, at this point I'm looking around for a replacement I/O. This card has really been a disappointment. Too bad, I don't need much and the AP192 COULD have been the perfect solution.

Ce message a été modifié par lancet - jeu. 15 sept. 2005, 13:58.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fdumptch
posté jeu. 15 sept. 2005, 22:48
Message #8

Membre no 5,430

That's pretty much where I'm at with this card

+Quote Post
lancet
posté mar. 27 déc. 2005, 15:59
Message #9

Membre no 46,480

another update passes (2.0.5) and I still need to logout/in to get the card to work.

can they NOT fix this? is the problem so completely beyond their capabilities???

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fdumptch
posté jeu. 29 déc. 2005, 04:33
Message #10

Membre no 5,430

can they NOT fix this? is the problem so completely beyond their capabilities???

Apparently.

I've just been through another bout of the "Tech Support" shuffle.
At first they tried to tell me I was using an unsupported computer.
I bought this card because I was moving to a G5 with PCI-X.
I still have to boot to the login window - enter my password - etc etc and blah.
I have NO idea why the drivers won't load if I have my mac auto login. I only have one account (me) .

It has always seemed strange to me that the drivers are within the "Startup Items" and not in the Extensions Folder.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 29 avril 2024, 09:17
- © MacMusic 1997-2008