MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Midi Playback Problems, complex PC MIDI won't play on MAC
posté mar. 24 mai 2005, 01:24
Message #1

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

Hello and I hope I'm in the right forum for this one.
I've got a lot of semi-pro MIDI produced on PCs using Turtle Beach sound cards and QSE, Cakewalk and other sequencers. The more complex ones (with a lot of events and controls) always bog down and stop when I play them back on my eMac G4, 1 gig memory using the internal QuickTime synthesizer. Doesn't matter which software program I use to play the MIDI, I suppose it all uses the internal synth. What is the solution here? I want to be able to play and edit these MIDIs on the Mac. Thanks and regards!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
reddish
posté mer. 25 mai 2005, 08:20
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 31 oct. 04
Lieu : Mason - US
Membre no 54,211

hey Lamplighter... first off welcome to the forums lol cool.gif

no one thinks that your a P.C. troll lol there appears to be a rigid screening process to prevent those types from posting or at least i thought (gazing over my win98 box screaming for help) whatever i am one of those 14.... and i must admit that I am ashamed for my lack of a responce (i pray that you will forgive me) i would have responded but I really have no idea where the hell turtle beach is and i am a newcomer as well (sort of) and i didn't want to steer you in the wrong directionthe only thing that i would feel confident about saying to you is what i use which has been very good to me so far though i must admit it has still to go through the ringer of serious music production "I am Lazy" but i am still trying to get my head around the software and what not LOGIC is a harsh mistress for newcomers... I wish i had more to tell ya i am not at all familiar with the E-Mac so the only thing that i could even say is tha I am on a ppc g5 Dual 2 GHz 5gigs of DDR SDRAM running tiger (10.4.1) and Logic Pro 7.0.1 along with live 4.0.1 and that pretty much takes care of everything that i want to do midi samples ear wax etc my M-audio 410 started out rocky driver problems etc but thier tiger driver update works like a champ though it's still in beta and i am looking forward to thier final relaese http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=suppor...download&ID=480 hmmmmmmm Well theres my decididly unprofessional opinion rambel rambel rambel as far as midi on a mac you cant get any better than logic there may also be some help for your bogged down g4 freezing tracks etc but like i said i am a newbie so take my poorly worded reply with the proverbial grain of salt.
well anyways..... don't get all worked up man there are loads of good people here and they'll get around to ya eventually lol take some reds smoke a joint and i am shure someone vastly more qualified than I will be right with you with some reall advice Directly.......

Welcome once again wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 9 mai 2024, 16:11
- © MacMusic 1997-2008