MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Looking For Home Recording Help, Best solution to start recording?
TacoMan
posté mar. 5 avril 2005, 18:40
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 05 avril 05
Lieu : Delray Beach - US
Membre no 63,569

I've done some extensive searching and reading in regards to the best USB interface/software solution and can't seem to figure out the best path.

I have been playing acoustic guitar (primarily rhythm) for 15+ years. I am looking for an interface that will allow me to lay down guitar and vocal tracks -- and then perhaps add other tracks such as percussion. I have absolutely no experience recording so a lot of the info that I've read regarding features and specs goes over my head. Since this is new to me, I prefer to spend only a modest amount of cash.

Should I go with an interface such as the Edirol UA-25 or Tascam US122 (or other) and then add free/inexpensive recording software (e.g. Audacity)? If so, which interface and software?

Or, should I invest a little more and get a more complete package such as Lexicon Omega, Mackie Spike, MBox, etc? Are f these products more than I will need for my purposes?

Thanks in advance for your advice and recommendations.
Taco

P.S. I will most likely be recording in Windows on a PC.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
chappy
posté jeu. 7 avril 2005, 05:34
Message #2

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 mai 04
Lieu : West Hartford - US
Membre no 42,258

Hey Taco,
Check out the M Audio line.
You can pick up an MBox that would come bundled with lots of usable software
and run on either platform. All for under $400.
I just used and MBzox and I have 4 ProTools setups from MBox and Digi002 to ProTools HD3 and HD2Acell. I use all of it and Pro Tools would keep you in a large loop of people who use the software.
cheers,
chappy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 2 juin 2024, 02:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008