MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro 7 Help 4 Beginner, 15 mins audio record? How to export?!!!
mrfop
posté dim. 13 févr. 2005, 15:27
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 13 févr. 05
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 60,401

Hi people
biggrin.gif

Plunged myself in at the deep end, started off my career with Pro 7. I'm not one for manuals, but I've got quite a lot sussed regarding the instuments' basic operation. However, I'm also a DJ, how do you record to logic via the audio ins on your soundcard without it coming up with the parameter of a 15min capacity? Basically, when I record a mix to an audio track in the arrange window, it asks me what I'd like to save the track as and then as soon as I hit record a further window appears that starts a 15 minute countdown. After the 15 mins is up, no more recording!!! Short mixage.

Also, I use the audio instrument tracks (coloured blue in the basic production template) as a means by which I create all the sounds I need (controlled using my USB midi keyboard). I click record and then I simply layer the stuff I play on top of the previous track I've made (with Ultrabeat for example). I can then play this all back and I have a desired song - fine. However, when it comes to exported all this as a song (as I read in the manual one needs to do this in OMF) it says there are no audio objects to export!!! I need to export the song as a whole - it would seem I can export individual audio tracks. What is going on people?

Peace

Dave
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bogh
posté dim. 13 févr. 2005, 19:31
Message #2

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 17 févr. 04
Lieu : Aarhus C. - DK
Membre no 36,091

QUOTE (mrfop @ Feb 13 2005, 14:27)
1: ... how do you record to logic via the audio ins on your soundcard without it coming up with the parameter of a 15min capacity?

2: However, when it comes to exported all this as a song (as I read in the manual one needs to do this in OMF) it says there are no audio objects to export!!! I need to export the song as a whole - it would seem I can export individual audio tracks. What is going on people?

Peace

Dave

1. There is a recording time setting which in your case is probably set to 15 minutes.
Press the key "A" to enter the "Set Audio Record Path" dialogue box. Here you can change the harddrive location, where you are recording your audio files, and you can change the "Maximum Recording Time".

2:OMF is a file format used to open session in another DAW - for example ProTools.
What you want (as far as I can tell from your post) is a stereo mix of the track. Use the "Bounce" funktion, which you'll find right under Export in the file menu.
You will be asked to set the start and end time and select a file type.
If you want to burn a CD use 16 bit AIFF.

--------------------
electronicmusic.dk

Powerbook G4 1Ghz, 768 MB RAM, OS X 10.3.9, Motu 828 mkII, Behringer BCF2000, Oxygen8
Logic Pro 7.1, Live 4, Max/MSP 4.5, Finale 2005, NI Komplete 2, Waves Musicians 2, T-Racks, Amplitube, CamelSpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 20 oct. 2024, 09:45
- © MacMusic 1997-2008