MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Firepod, Cubase Sx2, Powerbook 15", system bugs...
Mitch323
posté lun. 14 févr. 2005, 04:00
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 14 févr. 05
Lieu : Bruxelles - BE
Membre no 60,445

Hi everybody.

I use my Powerbook 15" 1.25 Go OS10.3.8, Cubase SX2 and Presonus Firepod as sound card. My problem is I need to reset audio/midi utility (Mac), change the sampling rate until synchro works properly and set up Mulitrac VST connections in Cubase. After doing that, the Presonus turns off every now and then... So I have to set everything up again. Sometimes it won't work so I'd restart the computer...Not very pleasant in recording sessions! I know Presonus do not provide any driver for Mac users.
Anyone familiar with this issue?
Any help more than welcome!

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté lun. 14 févr. 2005, 04:36
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Presonus doesn't provide drivers because the Firepod is supported directly by Core Audio in the system. No need for drivers.

Now Presonus provides a clock source app for SPDIF.

To get back on your problem, have you run Apple disk utility after the software install? It's a current problem of bad permissions on some files (unix stuff…). It may be that. (hope hope)

Have you just bought it or is since the 10.3.8 update that the problem arised? wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mar. 15 févr. 2005, 02:54
Message #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Membre no 2,758

Thanks for your reply. I've always had the same problem with OS10.3.6, 7, and now 8. There was no software included for Mac! Only for PC! I bought the Firepod in September 2004.

General reminder, don't email/PM the team to continue the troubleshooting, answer in the forums s that everyone can learn a little too wink.gif

Now…

Have you repaired permissions? Please. smile.gif

Do you use some power conditionner or at least a filter on mains? It may be bad main power causing hiccups.

From the download page at presonus, it is supported from 10.3.5 on… but unfortunately you're the first here complaining, I've searched the forums and people were only expecting the firepod so no help there.

From my search elsewhere, reactions are from enthusiasm to problems similar to yours, the only solutions were : don't plug anything FW on the mac save on the FW port remaining on the firepod. Also the firepod doesn't like being on a long time. Switch it off at least every 2 days.

Now the issues seem to be difficult to trace and solve. Have you contacted presonus? sad.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Mitch323
posté mar. 15 févr. 2005, 17:55
Message #4

Membre no 60,445

Thanks again for your answer.
Yes I repaired permissions, I use the system in several places where the main power seems ok, because the other electric devices don't do hiccups nor suffer from drops whatsoever. It's weird, because it works fine at times... but at times only! Or it may bug once, I'd restart the whole thing, and it's cruising like a dream for long hours! But I should eventually contact Prresonus

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mar. 15 févr. 2005, 18:37
Message #5

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Membre no 2,758

Yep, it's been bugging me today… your Firepod may be really faulty in some way. unsure.gif

Is it getting hot? (to the point you can hardly touch) huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mitch323
posté mar. 15 févr. 2005, 20:56
Message #6

Membre no 60,445

Hey lepetitmartien!

I actually can live with that as long as it only bugs once! But sometimes I need to restart a couple of times, then it's a pain in the a..! I'll try to contact Presonus anyway and keep you posted (via this forum...Sorry about the e-mail but I'm not very familiar with forums.)

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mar. 15 févr. 2005, 21:34
Message #7

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Membre no 2,758

QUOTE (Mitch323 @ Feb 15 2005, 20:56)
I actually can live with that as long as it only bugs once! But sometimes I need to restart a couple of times, then it's a pain in the a..!

Do you restart? Or do you power the computer off, wait 20 seconds then power it up?

Try the second option wink.gif if you do always the first.
(via this forum...Sorry about the e-mail but I'm not very familiar with forums.)

No harm done with the email, but I receive about 10 of these I can't answer per week. it saves time for me and it beneficial for all. Now… it's the second time you post your answer twice, have you some connection problem?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mitch323
posté mar. 15 févr. 2005, 23:10
Message #8

Membre no 60,445

Yes my server was getting busy or something! Sorry about that...

+Quote Post
Mitch323
posté mar. 15 févr. 2005, 23:33
Message #9

Membre no 60,445

I actually always restart... But I'll try to turn i off for 20 sec!

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mer. 16 févr. 2005, 03:18
Message #10

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Membre no 2,758

No harm done wink.gif

The power down/wait/powering up is sufficient usually for all the ports to be reinitialized. Which can help a lot in your case wink.gif

I've tried to look if there was a firmware update for powerbooks but the last one for G4 is from 2002, so no help his way. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 29 avril 2024, 02:47
- © MacMusic 1997-2008