MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motu Vs Digi 002, whats better?
imago
posté sam. 22 janv. 2005, 13:18
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 21 janv. 05
Lieu : Zagreb - CU
Membre no 58,891

hello everyone!
i have this dilema...
i would like to choose good audio solution for my home studio.
some of my friends tell me to go with DIGI 002, some tell me to go with MOTU 828 MkII(and with tascam mixer).
i would like to use Pro tools and Logic 7 on the system.
do you have any inputs about this? whats better? pro's and cons...
please help me get this solved!
thanks!!!!

ps: i use G4 dual 1.42
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nels
posté sam. 22 janv. 2005, 15:07
Message #2

Inscrit : 25 sept. 03
Lieu : Brookfield, IL. - US
Membre no 25,398

There is already, much of that type of debate right within these walls. Do a search!(UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER) Type in exactly as you did, .."Motu vs. Digi 002" ...There's also plenty of info. here on Logic, Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Garageband, etc. Now, you won't have to wait. ...Ain't that great?

A few things to keep in mind, ....Pro Tools is a DAW of the proprietary kind. And Pro Tools/Digi 002 lacks somewhat in the midi department.

As for Logic, ..I've read that it's truly great and especially with the Mac, but I've also read that it has an extra-large learning curve.

Some time ago, I too had faced that same dilemma. I went with Motu 828mkII / Digital Performer 4.11, 4.12, and now DP 4.5 and I can't express enough just how happy I am with my decision. ...But, you really should do the research, read from others and definitely make your own mind up.

Good luck!

+Quote Post
imago
posté sam. 22 janv. 2005, 19:00
Message #3

Inscrit : 21 janv. 05
Lieu : Zagreb - CU
Membre no 58,891

thank you nells biggrin.gif
i will do the research and make my mind when i know all the facts. but if someone has any knowledge about this subject be free to tell me your personal toughts about this matter.
tnx!!!!

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté sam. 22 janv. 2005, 22:26
Message #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

If you want to use PT, you NEED to have some digidesign hardware… You can't run PT LE if you don't have a Digidesign interface.

And we can still cry on the disappearance of PT Free… sad.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Nels
posté dim. 23 janv. 2005, 02:46
Message #5

Inscrit : 25 sept. 03
Lieu : Brookfield, IL. - US
Membre no 25,398

Hence, the word...Proprietary.

You know, imago, amigo, ..I have to apologize. Just for the heck of it, I did a search within these walls and I must say, ...didn't get much. Sorry bout that! I've had great success in the past. ....Could be they've done some cleaning up around here....After all, all those posts, from all those topics, ..must pile up over time.

Definitely do a google search though. You're sure to get some answers there. And go into the Logic and Motu forums, as well.......

For example: http://www.osxaudio.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2
http://www.voiceofdoubt.com/motumachine/

Good luck kiddo ...and again, ...SORRY! Really didn't mean to give you a bum steer.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté dim. 23 janv. 2005, 03:33
Message #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

On the search, remember the time option is (unfortunately) by default on less than 30 days… cool.gif

On MOTU, Unicornation is DA place.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
popina
posté dim. 13 févr. 2005, 23:53
Message #7

Inscrit : 12 févr. 05
Lieu : Draper - US
Membre no 60,367

Hey I have a question concerning the Motu 828. From the reviews and explanations I have read about it, it sounds like you dont even need to have a mixer to go with it for live sound. Is this true? or would it be stupid not to have the two?

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté mer. 16 févr. 2005, 14:49
Message #8

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

Yes the MOTU 828 mkII can be used as a stand alone unit. If all you need is 8 ins, and 2 pre mic ins. If you need more than that it would be a good idea to get a mixer that is ADAT optical ready, and boom! you've got 8 more audio ins, for a total of 18 controllable ins (including the 2 mic pre's). That will likely exceed the ablilities of most "note book" macs (recording 18 tracks simultainiously).

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Metalflkk
posté jeu. 17 févr. 2005, 05:40
Message #9

Inscrit : 03 nov. 04
Lieu : Maumee - US
Membre no 54,337

Yes yes, I would agree with the other posters, go MOTU!! I have worked primarily with a Digi002/PTLE G5/OSX system and the 002 has been nothing but trouble with anything other than PTLE, it is finicky and very specific.

On the other hand, over the summer I had a chance to be working in a lab with MOTU gear and based on those wonderful experiences and the general transparancy of the interface hardware itself in relation to various DAW software I will myself hopefully be getting the new Traveler unit by the end of the month.

If you NEED an inexpensive ProTools rig, then get the Digi002 (only option really.) BUT if you are going to use something like L7pro anyway then I would highly reccomend steering clear of Digidesign gear, you pay too high a price for too finicky an interface w/ the digi002/r.

+Quote Post
LOSG
posté lun. 21 févr. 2005, 16:37
Message #10

Inscrit : 01 oct. 04
Lieu : Maplewood - US
Membre no 52,198

How about the Yamaha 01X? Do your research, and find out like I did. The 01X willgive you all the bells and whistles you need to make you DAW fly, as well as give you a real audio interface, and 24 channel mixer. This is not an advertisement for Yamaha. I was skeptical at first, but did my homework. I even read a few post in this forum that pissed all over the 01X , Yamaha, and the emerging MLAN MIDI standard. I am running DP 4.5 on a dual 1.8Gig G5.
I have a Motif ES-8 connected to the G5 via firewire, the 01X is also connected via firewire. Both run using MLAN.
It all works, and very well. I am also very happy with the Tech support I have recieved from Yamaha. Weather you are using a PC or a MAC. The 01X and MLAN are the way to go. It all works very efficiently. Big ups to Yamaha!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 29 mai 2024, 07:55
- © MacMusic 1997-2008