MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Scammers Wading Thru Our Classifieds, Don't get swindled!
lepetitmartien
posté ven. 10 déc. 2004, 18:08
Message #1

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

A few members have given us proofs that some scammers are trying to swindle people here. They usually contact sellers of items to propose them some serious material under false identities/nationalities.

The mechanism is this one: Mr Scam contacts you, want's to buy your stuff. He has some complicate story upon some money a guy must pay him for some time etc. The third guy will pay for your material and you should send the difference to the buyer.

I'm talking about a $700 transaction transforming into a $4000 one!

No need to tell in the end, you are short of $3300…

A news will be on MM very shortly, I have banned already a few avatars of these guys, if you fell something is fishy with a buyer/seller, be very cautious. Don't accept Western Union for exemple. A short list of do/don't will be available too.

In need ask me for counsel here. cool.gif
These guys don't belong to our musical world tongue.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
traderdude
posté lun. 24 juil. 2006, 11:22
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 23 juil. 06
Lieu : La Center - US
Membre no 81,686

More from same fake buyers read on ................................
I'm happy to inform you that i have successfully made the payment for the item i bought from you through Paypal and the money has been deducted from my Paypal account.So you can now go ahead with the shipping.I want you to make the shipping through Express Mail Service(EMS).Kindly reply me if you receive any payment notification concerning the payment for the item i bought from you.Below is the shipping address:
Name: Godwin Onuogu
Address:c/o.Mr Jonathan Nwaneri.Fan Milk Plc, Eleyele Indusrial layout.
City:Ibadan
State: Oyo
Zip-code: 23402
Thanks and God bless you as you respond to this mail.
Andrea
Dear Valued Customer (my name was here)
We are pleased to inform that our client (Mrs.Andrea Onuogu) has successfully made the payment of the item she bought from you through PAYPAL. We are here to inform you that you can now ship out the item she paid for and you should also send us the Tracking Number and the courier service used to this customercare:(pay_pal_paynotification@accountant.com) for verification purpose.
Once we get this, your account will be accessed immediately and the money will be reflected in your Paypal account.You have nothing to fear of because we have deducted your money from our client's Paypal account.Thanks and waiting for your fast responce to this mail.

WARNING: PLEASE, DO NOT SEND THE TRACKING NUMBER TO THE BUYER. THIS IS TO PREVENT FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES AT THE END OF TRANSACTION.
Thanks For Using Paypal.
Paypal Management.

Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 04:17:54 -0500
Subject: PAYPAL PAYMENT CONFIRMATION

Get Verified
Get Verified--Your Key to More Security and Free Features

Get Verified and help increase the security of your PayPal transactions for yourself and for everyone with whom you do business. You can also:
Fund purchases directly from your checking or savings account, in addition to using credit cards
Send money to friends, family, and PayPal Personal Account holders
Get Verified!

Protect Your Account Info
Make sure you never provide your password to fraudulent websites.

To safely and securely access the PayPal website or your account, open a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the PayPal URL to be sure you are on the real PayPal website.https://www.paypal.com/us/) to be sure you are on the real PayPal site.
PayPal will never ask you to enter your password in an email.
For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, please review our Security Tips at https://www.paypal.com/us/securitytips
Protect Your Password
You should never give your PayPal password to anyone, including PayPal employees.
Get Verified
Get Verified--Your Key to More Security and Free Features
Get Verified and help increase the security of your PayPal transactions for yourself and for everyone with whom you do business. You can also:
Fund purchases directly from your checking or savings account, in addition to using credit cards
Improve your reputation by letting others know you're a confirmed, Verified member of the PayPal community
Send money to friends, family, and PayPal Personal Account holders
Get Verified!
Protect Your Account Info
Make sure you never provide your password to fraudulent websites.
To safely and securely access the PayPal website or your account, open a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the PayPal URL to be sure you are on the real PayPal website.https://www.paypal.com/us/) to be sure you are on the real PayPal site.
PayPal will never ask you to enter your password in an email.
For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, please review our Security Tips at https://www.paypal.com/us/securitytips
Protect Your Password
You should never give your PayPal password to anyone, including PayPal employees.
You've got cash!
Dear my name was here
Mary James just sent you money with PayPal.
Mary James is a Verified buyer.
Payment Details
Transaction ID: 6746752682679804N
Total Shipping: $254.00 USD
Total Item: $1426.00 USD
Item/Name: Dell Laptop Computer New Condition.
Note: Payment for Dell Laptop Computer New Condition.
Buyer: Mary James Business Information Business: Mary James.
Delivery Information
Address: John Williams,
131 Tower Hamlets Road,
London,
E7 9DD
United Kingdom.
Address Status: Confirmed
Order Status And Informations:
Order Number: N/A
Auction Payments Order Available
Order Placed July 24/07/2006
Order Status Available
PayPal Approval Payment Confirmed
Billing Information:
Card Type MasterCard
Card Number 5***********5643
Exp. Date 9/2008
Name on Card Mary James
Service Purchased: Online Payment
Total Amount posted to card $2450.00 USD
Auction Payments Fee $15.00 USD
Total Amount Deducted $1680.00 USD
Ship USPS
Purchased Item Information
Auction site auctions.yahoo.com
Item Description Dell Laptop Computer New Condition.
Item Number 102791195
Seller Information:
Name my name was here
Country. United State
Email. my email was here
***ATTENTION***
This email confirms that you have been paid by Mary James (marjzed@yahoo.com) $1680.00 USD using PayPal,which will be transfered into your account after we have received the shipment tracking number from you for verification purpose.

This order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW ship the merchandise to the buyer's shipping address. You are expected to make the shipment within 48 hours of recieving this Payment Approval Notification and get back to our Customer/Technical Dept. with the tracking number for Shipment Verification.You are not expected in any circumstances to send the tracking number to the buyer,get back to us with the shipment tracking number in order to transfer your payment in your account immediately.
This is highly recommended because most sellers do not ship out items after which the buyer has made payment.
kindly adhere to this policy,we sincerely apologise for any inconviences.

Due to the fact that PayPal processes thousands of orders daily, PayPal Recommends contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order directly. Send Your Replies And Shipment Details To The Verification Department For Further Inquiries. Email:- payp_customercare@accountant.com
Thank you for using PayPal! We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future
Sincerely,The PayPal Team
World largest express shipping courier service
PayPal Email ID PP535

Then another one ....................
jacky smith" <chinwendusmith@yahoo.com
prefer to make the payment via Money Order....immediately you receive the paymrnt confirmation get back to me for the shipping lable and invoice..
Thanks
Dear my name was here,
Congratulations! The money order placed by the buyer of your item "Jacky Williams" to have a Western Union® branded Money OrderSM $450.00 sent to you as payment for item of (Dell Laptop,PANASONIC CamCorder,Diamond Ring) below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*FINANCIAL DETAILS*
-----------------------------
AUCTION SITE : Craigslist
ITEM DESCRIPTION : Dell Laptop,PANASONIC CamCorder,Diamond Ring
TOTAL : $1500.00
================================================================================
=====================
WESTERN UNION ® MONEY ORDER ONLINE PAYMENT
Seller's Information:
The Money OrderSM will be delivered to your contact information below, Please verify that the name and address (As entered by the buyer) are correct:
Order Confirmed Date : 24TH JULY 2006
Time of Confirmation : 10:30Hrs
E-mail Address: @yahoo.com
Seller's Information:
Name : had my name here
Address :
City :
State : Zipcode :
Shipping estimated date for these item: JULY,24,2006
Dell Laptop,PANASONIC CamCorder,Diamond Ring
$1500.00
***ATTENTION***
The order has been APPROVED, you CAN now ship the merchandise to the buyer's shipping address. Due to complaints from our customers of seller refusing to ship out item after payment has been recieved and buyer cancelling payment after item has been shipped, we have resolved that payment would not be delivered until we have verified that the item has been transferred to buyer's courier service for shipment.You are expected to make the shipment within 48 hours of recieving this Payment Confirmation Notification and contact our Costumer/Technical Dept. with the tracking number for Shipment Verification.

If the buyer has requested that the item be sent to any address other than the one provided above, please DO NOT ship the item and notify us immediately at our representative at : orderactioninfi@consultant.com
***PLEASE NOTE***
Due to the fact that Western Union processes thousands of orders daily, We therefore RECOMMEND contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order directly. This ensures speedy verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch of Money OrderSM. Send shipment tracking details to orderactioninfo@consultant.com
Once shipment has been verified, You will receive a " ORDER DISPATCHED" email from Western Union informing you that the Money OrderSM has been dispatched . You will have to send the shipment tracking number of the item to us for verification the same day you ship it out. This order has been approved and we will send to the above address payment in 3-5 business day.You CAN NOW send the items to the buyer now .
Thank you for using Western Union Services:
Sincerely, Western Union Auction Payments.
**Accountant**
WESTERN UNION AUCTION PAYMENT MONEY ORDER IS SUPPORTED BY.

and they just keep coming has been so bad i have had to pull all my ads
off angry.gif just really stinks now i cannot sell anything because there just
is no place left to sell online has just been taken over by scammers angry.gif angry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- lepetitmartien   Scammers Wading Thru Our Classifieds   ven. 10 déc. 2004, 18:08
- - michaeljt   I just posted this for people to see as an example...   ven. 31 déc. 2004, 20:51
- - lepetitmartien   I came back of holidays 3 days ago, and right on t...   dim. 9 janv. 2005, 16:23
- - beyaRecords   I think the lesson here is there's no such thi...   lun. 10 janv. 2005, 10:50
- - lepetitmartien   Just banned one more… - No Western Union! - N...   lun. 10 janv. 2005, 18:05
- - The Guitar God   QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Jan 10 2005, 17:05)Ju...   lun. 10 janv. 2005, 20:48
- - lepetitmartien   I copy below an exemple on the last try of one of ...   sam. 15 janv. 2005, 18:19
- - saskia   And another attempt. This emailer who claims to be...   mer. 26 janv. 2005, 01:53
- - Fields   Doesn't everyone wait until the cash is in you...   mer. 26 janv. 2005, 08:48
- - lepetitmartien   Note that I'm receiving signals from members a...   jeu. 3 févr. 2005, 16:21
- - beyaRecords   My experience on ebay is not good either. I purcha...   jeu. 3 févr. 2005, 16:30
- - The Guitar God   you should always check things like that first   jeu. 3 févr. 2005, 18:04
- - lepetitmartien   On the actual description of the frauds: FBI frau...   lun. 7 févr. 2005, 02:08
- - lepetitmartien   The morons are still around, just nuked one Do...   sam. 12 févr. 2005, 04:35
- - lepetitmartien   Spam thru the forums by an ivory Coast scammer (us...   lun. 14 févr. 2005, 14:46
- - lepetitmartien   Note that I'm still killing on sight scammers ...   mar. 15 mars 2005, 02:43
- - lepetitmartien   A little update, I regularly ban the offenders (we...   mer. 20 avril 2005, 04:08
- - lepetitmartien   As I'm still on the prowl to ban our &#@...   jeu. 5 mai 2005, 19:27
- - zenartist   I just signed up our above scammer for free gay em...   jeu. 5 mai 2005, 21:11
- - The Guitar God   Homophobe   ven. 6 mai 2005, 16:08
- - Houston Texas, USA.   Hey guys, My name is Frank and I work in the Finan...   mar. 14 juin 2005, 18:49
- - johnnyboy   I just got some scam email, english version of the...   jeu. 29 déc. 2005, 01:06
|- - traderdude   Here is copy of one i have been getting the most f...   lun. 24 juil. 2006, 09:14
- - traderdude   [font=Arial Black][size=4] Hi just found your sit...   dim. 23 juil. 2006, 07:48
- - lepetitmartien   Well, I searched, if this guy is around, it's ...   dim. 23 juil. 2006, 08:06
|- - traderdude   QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Sun 23 Jul 2006, 02...   lun. 24 juil. 2006, 08:55
- - Eliezer   I too have met up with these same scammers on a di...   sam. 21 oct. 2006, 01:10
|- - brybon   QUOTE (Eliezer @ Fri 20 Oct 2006, 18:10) ...   sam. 17 févr. 2007, 17:22
- - lepetitmartien   Did my search. They don't seem to be registere...   sam. 21 oct. 2006, 17:45
- - lepetitmartien   I found this site about fraud, in English, note th...   lun. 6 nov. 2006, 05:02
- - lepetitmartien   Thanks for the hints   sam. 17 févr. 2007, 17:29
- - lepetitmartien   Note for everyone we just banned a member using t...   ven. 16 mai 2008, 03:15
- - lepetitmartien   I've just made a blog post (my first) to sum u...   ven. 16 mai 2008, 04:34
- - Mark Owen   Hi, This scammer's pretty careless so I don...   ven. 16 mai 2008, 08:20
- - lepetitmartien   I've just banned other identities of him, no c...   ven. 16 mai 2008, 17:18
- - lepetitmartien   He's banned under the logins: silvrmbr southe...   mar. 20 mai 2008, 03:44
- - lepetitmartien   Just added new logins to the list above. We have a...   jeu. 22 mai 2008, 17:36

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 14 mai 2024, 09:09
- © 440 Forums 2011