MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corrupt CDs, Cds that don't play
fatchuck
posté dim. 4 nov. 2001, 02:00
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 nov. 01
Lieu : Cincinnati
Membre no 2,236

Hi.
This is to let you know that I've created a convenient listing of corrupt CDs put out by major record labels that you can't copy or play in any of the following:
Your...
Computer
DVD player
MP3 player
Consumer CD Copiers
Car CD player
High-end stereo equipment
Game consoles like Playstation 2
It's at http://www.fatchucks.com/corruptcds Besides warning you, I'm also writing to ask if anyone has run across any suspicious CDs that don't play on the equipment above, especially since Macs seem to be somewhat immune to these CDs due to the scrambling technology involved.. If so, let me know: corruptcds@fatchucks.com
Thank you for any help in advance.

Chuck

--------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté dim. 4 nov. 2001, 06:11
Message #2

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

1st off, let me appolagize for sounding like a jerk. It is some times hard to say what you meen in type, verses the spoken word.
2ndly, when you post a link, leave off the period. the reason I say this is, your link is not reachable as is. Please go back ind edit. If you want to be gramerically correct, put a space or two after the link. I, for one, know that my spelling and grammar sucks!!!!!!
3rd, I personally want to thank you for the info. I an a bit confused about what you meen by courupt. As far as audio goes, there is nothing that the big leagers can do to keep me from burning the music!!!!!!! I know, as you do, the Dollars that the actual performers get, verses the big leagers is WAY off balance. That is why I work for a local band (for free) burning their live music from audio cassette to CD, and redoing their poor demos to an exeptable level. Also, me and my brother make music which we feel should be shared, for free (to a point, of course).

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
fatchuck
posté dim. 4 nov. 2001, 15:24
Message #3

Inscrit : 04 nov. 01
Lieu : Cincinnati
Membre no 2,236

Howdy.
'Corrupt' means music CDs that don't allow you to copy them or play them in any of the devices noted in post 1. Also, thanks for pointing out the typo, I fixed it.
While the labels can't prevent you from copying your CDs, remember that you are a very small minority - probably less than 5% of the population have the skill to crack their copy-protected CD. However, 100% of the population have the ultimate hack sitting in their wallets - money. So, let people know what CDs are corrupt and let them vote with their money.
Hopefully people will spread the word and the labels won't practice this garbage.

Thank you,
Chuck

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté mar. 20 nov. 2001, 15:41
Message #4

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

Chuck, just curious what mac you are using? I have heard that the new anti-piracy technology is a two-way thing. Meaning that its also a part of the CD-ROM, CDR, CDRW, and DVD-RAM drives that are coming on the newer model computers.

I use an older Yosemite G3 350mhz and have had no problems at all with any new CD's as far as ripping them to mp3, playback and such. I am about to buy the new Bush CD that is on your list at your site and now curious if it will let me rip it to mp3. I take many of my new CD's that I play lots and rip them to mp3 just so as to keep CD scratch free and in my collection with 500 other purchased CD's. You know, its funny how no one used to make a big deal when people were pirating vinyl and cassettes but suddenly when Napster comes along... 'Oh my god... people are stealing our music.' Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Metallica even used to encourage taping of their shows and such and the trading of their bootlegs? Then when their Ferrari's were running low on gas they decided to attack their fans who were trading their music but also paying $40 or more to attend their shows. Greedy bastards! I used to be a Metallica fan but now have lost interest in the band.

I realize above I wrote a lot of opinionated garbage but this whole piracy thing really gets on my nerves. Its a 2 way road. If artists would put out albums with more than one or two good songs... maybe more people would be willing to buy their CD's rather than dowload one or two songs from the net. It seems that the 'album' concept is almost dead and most CD's are just packed with singles. Also, retail stores are now selling CD's for around $15-$20 when average price used to be $11-$15. Who wants to pay $20 for a CD with only a few songs worthy of listening to? Ok... I feel better now that I have gotten that out ;-)

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post
abbie
posté lun. 26 nov. 2001, 18:38
Message #5

Inscrit : 01 mars 01
Lieu : Orleans - CA
Membre no 322

Fortunately a lot of commercial artists post samples of their tracks on their web-sites which has saved me a lot of money buying cd's that are 90% fill!

--------------------
Abbie

+Quote Post
posté mer. 28 nov. 2001, 07:15
Message #6

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

1. Everyone loses interest in Metallica sooner or later.

2. If a label took the best songs from the 200 bands per year (most unreleased) it cuts albums on they could really make a couple of great acts. It's this self-contained concept thing that stinks. There just ain't that many incredible songwriters out there. Don't buy that crap. Your vote will be counted.

3. Mp3s sound crappy. Better than cassettes, though.

4. Satellite radio is cool, everyone. But you're listening to mpeg files.

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté mer. 28 nov. 2001, 15:17
Message #7

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

Yes, I agree... mp3 is better than cassette but not as good as actually owning the CD. Out of my 500 CD's I bet at least 100 of them were bought after hearing some mp3's that I downloaded from the net. That is how I discovered MOBY (before he became mainstream), Apollo440, Aphex Twins, Brassy, 808 State, Roni Size and a bunch more that I can't think of this early in the morning.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 28 avril 2024, 20:31
- © MacMusic 1997-2008