MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Garageband Crash..., Did I loose Everything?
don says mac
posté ven. 30 juil. 2004, 01:33
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 26 sept. 03
Lieu : Toronto - CA
Membre no 25,510

I just finished mixing a set and recording it into GB... It was about 75 minutes long (actually went until GB stopped recording).

I tried to export it to itunes right away without saving it and without cutting it up into tracks... It wasn't progressing after a few minutes so I tried to 'cancel', the spinny wheel showed up and then it crashed. I closed it and opened it and nothing. By any chance does GB auto save somewhere?

g4 867 sp
1 gig ram

Thanks!
d.

Ce message a été modifié par don says mac - ven. 30 juil. 2004, 01:33.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
don says mac
posté ven. 6 août 2004, 15:23
Message #2

Membre no 25,510

alright, after a few days of investigating and trying new things, i think my GB is not functioning properly...

first off, read my post above..
2nd, everytime i try to save anything, it crashes. if i try and save a recording of a real instrument (vinyl record) i loose everything... but if i try and record some midi, it still crashes during the saving process, but somehow it still saves it.
3rd... now when i record a mix (turntables via GB), i get an error message after a few minutes saying "disc too slow" and stops recording, but i can restart recording for another few minutes. in regards to my post above, that recording whet unstopped (no error messages) for about 75 minutes... i recently bought new ram so to test it i removed it to see if that was causing the problem but the problems still persists... does anyone have any of these problems? i know my mac can handle it cause it did in the past. any suggestions?
thanks,
d

+Quote Post
newbabylon
posté ven. 6 août 2004, 15:37
Message #3

Inscrit : 12 oct. 03
Lieu : Cambridge - UK
Membre no 26,618

Unfortunately I had a similar disastrous crash recently (see thread here http://www.macidol.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7272#7272 ) using garageband and I fear that you will have lost everything that wasn't saved including a lot of live recorded audio. There is no autosave in Garageband and its the old adage about save regular and save often. Im still a little upset that I lost a good song and although tried to work the thing back from a previous save it just never gelled again. I hope that Apple include such a autosave option in a new version of Garageband. I guess it would help if I didnt try to push my audio processing so hard and I should export/bounce work to AIFF too.

paul/AKA clanger

Ce message a été modifié par newbabylon - ven. 6 août 2004, 15:38.

+Quote Post
newbabylon
posté ven. 6 août 2004, 15:41
Message #4

Membre no 26,618

oh and BTW have you tried repairing permissions to cure your GB woes? That has worked for some folk.

+Quote Post
don says mac
posté ven. 6 août 2004, 17:58
Message #5

Membre no 25,510

i'm not really that upset about loosing what i recorded as much as i am that GB keeps crashing... i'll repair the permissions but i only installed 10.3 a few months ago and i made sure to be careful with what i installed... i'll give it a shot though. thanks.

+Quote Post
Synthetik
posté dim. 8 août 2004, 00:36
Message #6

Inscrit : 10 juil. 02
Lieu : Minneapolis - US
Membre no 5,668

I recently did some work in Soundtrack and the same thing happens there. If i record all the tracks and mix down in the same seasion it will crash, I used it as an idea canvas so nothing I did with it was importent, I just found it annoying.

--------------------
BING BING BLEEP ERRRRRRR[I]

+Quote Post
don says mac
posté mer. 11 août 2004, 19:07
Message #7

Membre no 25,510

well... i think i solved the crashing issue, but i still get the "Disc Too Slow" error message... anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this?

+Quote Post
newbabylon
posté dim. 22 août 2004, 00:37
Message #8

Membre no 26,618

Use a faster mac ?
Sorry to state the obvious but I get the same 'too slow' message on my 867 mhz powerbook... but not on my dual 1 ghz G4. Glad to hear you solved the crashing prob tho.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 30 juin 2024, 07:29
- © MacMusic 1997-2008