MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bagpipe Samples, Sounds
The Sage
posté sam. 28 août 2004, 00:09
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 23 juil. 04
Lieu : Melbourne - AU
Membre no 47,475

Anyone come across a decent Sf2 or sample of a bagpipe- don't particularly want to spend $300-400 for a sample cd for 1 sound
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
posté sam. 28 août 2004, 16:11
Message #2

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Chandler - US
Membre no 2,003

here's the thing about bag pipes.. The drones go on forever... or as long as the performance. I have some exelent examples of bagpipes, but the jest of the matter is that the drones will break every time that ther is a breath (using a wind midi controller), or in the case of the use of a keyboard controller. it becomes difficult to imulate a bagpipe. Your best bet it to get an example or sample of the drones (in the key desired), then do the melody over it using multitraking. You can do this with a multiple amount of styles of instrumente and sounds. Look for sounds in the pipe sounds, or possible the flute sounds and work with that. There are some resorses at Click here

Ce message a été modifié par kaboombahchuck - sam. 28 août 2004, 16:14.

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Jaysee
posté lun. 30 août 2004, 02:52
Message #3

Inscrit : 25 janv. 04
Lieu : Blackpool - UK
Membre no 34,025

I playd the pipes as a kid. The drones do go on, are a bastard to keep in tune, 'cant recall if they're an A with two Ds or the other way around. Much of their 'bagpipiness' comes from 'grace notes' which pepper notation of Scots music. These exist in a sort of rtthmic limbo as they arent bar subdivisions....you just cram 'em in!
The ones I remember dimly are 'doublings, triplets , touraloos..cant spell that but it sounds like Scottish , and the finger twiddling 'Burl'
Pipers dont do circular breathing like say a digery doo, or some modern sax andbrass players. baggpipes on the other hand use an infated leather bag held under the arm and squeezed while the player is breathing in.
Now heres a strange bit of trivia: did you know the traditional way to keep the leathe bag plaible and moist, is filling it with black treacle. You get a whiff of of this maloderous substanvce...I can vividly recall the smell/taste...'Orrible!

+Quote Post
audiomiditweaker
posté dim. 23 avril 2006, 22:13
Message #4

Inscrit : 28 mai 04
Lieu : Zürich - CH
Membre no 44,081

Here an absolutely GREAT SF2 Soundfont I found as free sample download:
http://www.sf2midi.com
http://www.sf2midi.com/index.php?page=sdet&id=8002

You might have to register!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 27 avril 2024, 21:14
- © 440 Forums 2011