MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serial Drives G5s?
Jasman13
posté lun. 21 juin 2004, 05:30
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 juin 04
Lieu : Clarkston - US
Membre no 45,331

Has any one here installed a serial drive into a g5 and if you have please tell me the steps to do this and any recommedations on drives?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
terrywil
posté lun. 21 juin 2004, 06:13
Message #2

Inscrit : 26 nov. 03
Lieu : Del Mar - US
Membre no 29,767

Hi. I recently installed a second drive on my G5 dual 2.0. It is a Seagate Barracuda 160 MB Serial ATA drive. From my research, it was one of the top drives recommended for the G5. And it works great! It was very easy to install - the directions for doing so are nicely detailed in the G5 setup manual, or you can go to the Apple site and download a pdf file which shows you how to do it. Go to:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=26276

--------------------
"...I just don't know...it sounds funny."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac G5, dual 2.0 GHz, MOTU 828 MkII interface, Virus TI Keyboard, Genelec 1029A and Mackie HR824 monitors, Mackie Control Universal, Presonus Eureka and ART DPS II preamps, Presonus Central Station, AKG C1000S and C3000 mics. Logic Pro 7.2, Trilogy, Stylus, Atmosphere, Native Instruments Komplete 2.

+Quote Post
durga
posté mar. 22 juin 2004, 08:02
Message #3

Inscrit : 25 mars 04
Lieu : Satigny - CH
Membre no 39,368

Hi, I installed a western gital WESTERN RAPTOR 74GB SATA150 10000rpm 8MB drive into my G-5. THis drive doesn't have tons of gigas but is probably the fastest SATA drive available today. It works great and I can use audio and video at the same time. The Mbps throughput should enable loads of audiotracks to be read.
(Very easy to install)

I have mixed an album entirely with my G-5 and Logic Pro. More than 32 Audiotracks, encountered no bottleneck even though I used several Space designer plug-Ins.

Have fun

Durga

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 18 sept. 2024, 20:50
- © MacMusic 1997-2008