MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ondes Martenot Sample Cd Or Synth Emulation?, Anyone ever seen this in obscure library
Jaysee
posté mer. 26 mai 2004, 02:26
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 janv. 04
Lieu : Blackpool - UK
Membre no 34,025

It ocurred to me recently that with so many French people on this forum somebody might have come across something which claims to sound like an ondes in fll flight. I'm sure you're aware that the 20th century classical composer Messiaen wrote for the instruments wide range of timbres, sometimes metallic and terrifying then really haunting and mellow. I was given a tape a few years ago when I owned a big briar 'writing desk syle concert theremin, The tape featured a chamber piece by Messiaen for SIX of them(!!)Wide pallette of tones which are mainly due to routing the sound through various strange speaker boxes conaining items like tuned resonating metal rods appropriately called the 'Lyre', even one where the coil of a speaker is attatched directy to a tam tam for brash frightening noises (Very different sound, the theremin is more reedy while the ondes is rounder and warmer. A typical Theremin is a bit oboe even crumhorn like! the ondes Marteot is more plummy and round, like that sweet spot low down in a clarinets range T...Tr.... oh I dont know what its called! Its sort of easier to pitch accurately than the theremin's floundering in empty space:-) plus tere is a left hand weird control which offers ahuge range of dynamics and startling almost percussive hard attack transient to notes Anyway, Its a fantastic instrument and I think its high time a sampled version was available. I believe one can still order a new real one but theres a ten years or so waiting list as theyre still manufactured by the same od family busines I'm told:-)
So come on all you French musicians, lobby your MPs, its virtually your national instrument for goodness sake!
regards Jaysee
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 29 avril 2024, 14:33
- © 440 Forums 2011