MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Digi 002 And Mac, what mac to buy?
Mikkel
posté dim. 4 janv. 2004, 00:46
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 03 janv. 04
Lieu : Copenhagen - DK
Membre no 32,374

I'm about to buy my first mac! But I'm confused and I need some help to sort out how much power I need. I´ve been used to work with the digi 001 on a 2,4 ghz pc (mainly recording 2-3 tracks simultaneously adding plug-ins afterwards) and now I've decided to switch to mac and go for the digi 002 rack. What I want is a good, fast system I can rely on.

And here's my question: What do I need to run the digi 002 rack properly? I've been told that PT generally runs best on dual processor macs - is this a lie? Is a tower (dual?) G4 enough or should I go for the new G5?

Thanx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jpschmader
posté dim. 11 janv. 2004, 19:05
Message #2

Inscrit : 03 avril 03
Lieu : Baltimore - US
Membre no 15,466

I have a Digi 002 and Pro Tools LE 6.2.2 running an dual 867-MHz PowerMac G4 with ram maxed out to 2 GB. I use a 40-GB Glyph MProject firewire hard drive. Never had a problem, never had a gripe in the year I've had the whole rig. Hope this helps. I would buy a dual processor Mac again if I was starting out with the 002.

+Quote Post
Daniel LaPlaca
posté lun. 12 janv. 2004, 06:37
Message #3

Inscrit : 11 janv. 04
Lieu : Montville - US
Membre no 32,933

I recently got the Digi 002 Rack and moved all my music and sound over to X from 9, I also got a g5 dual 1.8, I must say I love it, PT in X is sooooo nice... I think you will be fine on the g4, seems to have more than enough power for PT and 002, and all your plugs.

One thing, I have the Roland JP8080, and the Proteus 2000, in PT 5.x I hade OMS set up all nice, and in PT I could easily go through all the banks of sounds on each synth with no problem. Midi in X is nice, and seemless, BUT, I cant get the Patch names for my synths to show up in PT 6.2.2. the Lib/Audio/Midi Patch names has the Proteus 2000 list in there, but PT says its not the right name for the device, and the JP 8080 isnt there- thats not a huge surprise -OMS never had it either I just slaved it off the JP8000 - same thing really. I did some research and found that Midi in X is all XML which is cool. and I found some sites that do the conversion of OMS names to XML but they didnt seem to work,(http://www.sonosphere.com/MusicSoftware/MIDINames/) Does anyone know where I can get the Patch names for these synths that work?? I like to be able to rapidly scroll through all the sounds, in all the banks on my synths to find that "sound I need right now" through protools. Or maybe I am missing something. Is there something I need to do to see the list in PT??

Thanks for the help! - this place rocks,

Blind Ruckus

+Quote Post
pinostut
posté mar. 13 janv. 2004, 19:32
Message #4

Lieu : Den Haag - NL
Membre no 32,944

Running PT 6.2.2. Digi002R on a Powerbook 17" 1 GHz for about a week now. No problems yet.
PT in X is indeed very nice!

+Quote Post
c_r0c
posté mar. 13 janv. 2004, 20:15
Message #5

Inscrit : 31 déc. 03
Lieu : REdondo Beach - US
Membre no 32,099

wait a sec. how do you get the list of sounds to be addressed to your outboard synth from within Pro Tools?

like, i have a Triton. i have found it in the list in the OMS setup, but iu was not aware that i could actually scroll through the sounds right from Pro Tools? What steps do i need to take?

wow, mc
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel LaPlaca
posté mer. 14 janv. 2004, 01:26
Message #6

Lieu : Montville - US
Membre no 32,933

to see the list, on your midi track- one of the buttons on the track, right by the record button, should have a "P" on it, should bring up the patch list,
its been a while since I set that all up in 9, but I think thats it, make sure your OMS is configured right, and you have the right model selected- or something close- Like I had, the JP 8080 witch is a synth mod, the JP 8000 is the same thing with the keyboard, so they both have the same sounds-and OMS only had the 8000, so I slaved it and slected that in OMS and it was fine. After you see the list of names, you should be able to scroll through them and see your Trinton change patch names as you scroll.

email me if you have more questions...
blind@blindruckus.com

Hope this helps

Peace.
blindman

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (3 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 15 oct. 2024, 14:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008