MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need of 2nd HD for audio,Wich Audio Card?, ata/66 or ata/100 do i need a controler card??
posté mer. 11 avril 2001, 22:00
Message #1

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

ata/66 or ata/100 do i need a controler card??is ata/100 that much faster?
Wich Brand is best for G4 400 256 , i want a 20 gig
What do you think about MOTU 1224? or is there better?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
posté lun. 16 avril 2001, 04:06
Message #2

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

ANYBODY??

+Quote Post
CreativeOne
posté sam. 30 juin 2001, 16:32
Message #3

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 janv. 01
Lieu : USA
Membre no 87

I would get an IBM drive. I have heard they are very reliable. A lot of the other drives have become more reliable recently. I am running a Maxtor 20GB drive in my PC. The info is not that important though. If I had projects that I was working on, I would have purchased IBM instead. I would get an ATA 100 drive just because you will most likely take the drive with you to what ever system you get down the road. I don't think there is a big performance gain (yet) though. Make sure you get a 7200 RPM or better drive. Also - the lower the seek time the better. You should not need a controller card since you have a newer system, and the drives are auto sensing.

As for the audio, I have heard good things about the 1224. If you are just a home musician, you may consider an SB LIVE for Macintosh. (But I am partial since I work for them) I have also heard people rave about the Audio Media cards. You may want to do a search for a high end audio card shootout. I did a quick search only to find PC card reviews which won't help you. I did find one article that may help you out in qualifying the cards for you. I wasn't sure of your background, so don't be offended if you think it is remedial. Here is the link: http://sharkeyextreme.com/hardware/guides/soundcards/
You may want to check for Keyboard magazine or Electronic musician archived articles on Mac Sound Cards too.

Good Luck!

Brian

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté mar. 3 juil. 2001, 20:44
Message #4

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

don't skimp on you drives. I thought I was doing good by buying a $200 9gig Lacie 7200rpm scsi drive and it died within a year plus never got my max track count of 24 tracks in my PT 5.1 LE app. I just recently bought a firewire Glyph 30gb drive and it is SWEEEEET. No hesitation when starting mix playback or record and no problems running all 24 tracks. Look very carefully at the specs on any drive you do purchase. The cheaper drives are usually cheaper for a reason such as long seek times or slow throughput.

For audio cards... the audiowerks and deltas seem very reasonable. Personally I use a Digi 001 setup and love it.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 28 avril 2024, 22:13
- © MacMusic 1997-2008