MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Help! Mastering 4-part Acappella Vocals, Mastering
eyeMAJIC
posté dim. 8 juin 2003, 17:30
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 26 sept. 02
Lieu : Scotland - UK
Membre no 7,950

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this... 4-part close harmony vocals, unaccompanied.
I'm having trouble getting a good, full sound from the unusual frequency distribution of the raw recording without making it sound "contrived".

Any tips on EQ/compression or post processing? I would much appreciate it! The plug ins I have availabe are listed below; recommendations on other suitable ones would be great.
The vocal parts are just recorded straight into PT with a little compression using a RODE NT1, then processed with very mild use of AutoTune.

Many thanks!

eM.

-------------------------------
TiBook 800 OS 9.2.2
Digi 002
Maxtor 7200 1394 audio drive
Protools LE 5.3.2
Digi Maxim
Waves Gold bundle
Autotune 3
AltiVerb
-------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
eyeMAJIC
posté lun. 9 juin 2003, 21:00
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 26 sept. 02
Lieu : Scotland - UK
Membre no 7,950

Thankyou for the suggestions!

lepetitmartian: You're dead right about the mic, & even more so about the location. Having a Tibook & digi 002, I'm going to try out some different locations this week, as the acoustics in my home studio need a lot to be desired. Should have thought of that already.
I've also managed to borrow a U87i from a good friend who is worried about me looking after it! wink.gif All my takes so far have all been quite "boomy"; presumably due to proximity (miking at about 4-5 inches with popshield), so I'll try playing around with miking distance.

cathode: Thankyou for your many comments! Even before I read your post, I had started moving things around a little in the stereo field, and have been amazed with the different results possible with just small placement changes.
I'm now about to try your suggested delay and reverb tactics; I was previously only using individual EQ inserts with reverb on the master only.
I just hope my G4 800 is up to handling more than one AltiVerb insert at 24/96 !! Fingers crossed.

Thanks again for the help!

eM.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 18 mai 2024, 16:29
- © 440 Forums 2011