MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ibook G4 And Firebox, Ibook G4 and Firebox
Pauls2165
posté jeu. 2 févr. 2006, 09:24
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 févr. 06
Lieu : Milwaukee - US
Membre no 76,216

I have very little experience with Macs, but i want to upgrade from my crappy compaq presario laptop. I'm considering the Ibook G4. I want to know if anyone can tell me if the firewire port built into it ( a big selling point!) will power my presonus firebox. I've been using a pc card firewire port which of course is not powered. I wish to be completely portable, so i can record anywhere, no ac outlet needed. If it does power my interface, I'm a mac man from now on. Also if anyone wants to push me over the edge as far as Macs vs pcs for music applications, I'm all ears (or eyes since i'll be reading any replies!).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pauls2165
posté jeu. 2 févr. 2006, 21:26
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 févr. 06
Lieu : Milwaukee - US
Membre no 76,216

I answered my own question. I took my firebox to school. I found a classmate with his I book, plugged it in. Powered right up, blue light went on right away too. Which means it was ready to be used. I took literally two seconds to set up. I think I might be converting to a Mac user.
Thanks anyways!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 3 juin 2024, 10:16
- © MacMusic 1997-2008