MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic Express Setup
Jstein
posté mar. 12 déc. 2006, 05:25
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 11 mars 02
Lieu : Detroit
Membre no 3,782

Okay everyone here it is.

I have a 15-inch MBP with 1ghz RAM so far. What I need to know is what is the proper set up for running Logic Express? Should I go with an external HD and if I do what is the best way to run it? By that I mean boot up via external HD and run everything through there or run Logic Express via the internal HD and use the external HD to run the actual application? That way it is less stress on both drives I use this process in Final Cut Pro but I do not know how this will work with Logic Express…
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hahaworld
posté mar. 12 déc. 2006, 06:21
Message #2

Inscrit : 24 avril 04
Lieu : Knoxville - US
Membre no 41,728

". . .I have a 15-inch MBP with 1ghz RAM so far. . ."

smile.gif Max it out with 3GB RAM

". . .What I need to know is what is the proper set up for running Logic Express? Should I go with an external HD and if I do what is the best way to run it? By that I mean boot up via external HD and run everything through there or run Logic Express via the internal HD and use the external HD to run the actual application? . . ."

smile.gif Someone else needs to confirm this, but I think your best bet is to run the application from your internal HD and record your audio, store your samples and loops, etc. on the external HD(s)

Is that right, all you Mac experts? I'm running Logic on a desktop, pre-Intel machine, so I could be off base here.

Hope this helps!

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
posté mar. 12 déc. 2006, 21:24
Message #3

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

applications on the internal, audio and samples on the external, make sure it's a 7200rpm drive.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
Jstein
posté mar. 12 déc. 2006, 23:03
Message #4

Inscrit : 11 mars 02
Lieu : Detroit
Membre no 3,782

QUOTE (gdoubleyou @ Tue 12 Dec 2006, 15:24) *
applications on the internal, audio and samples on the external, make sure it's a 7200rpm drive.

cool.gif

Yes the external is a 7200rpm drive, when you say audio and samples on on the external do you mean the loops as well because I have not found a method in which you can decide where you loops and stuff are stored where you want to be....

+Quote Post
hahaworld
posté mer. 13 déc. 2006, 08:01
Message #5

Inscrit : 24 avril 04
Lieu : Knoxville - US
Membre no 41,728

You should be able to store your loops on another drive as well. Just go to the folder where they were originally installed and copy them to your external drive
Then drag your original loops to the trash.
Open up LOGIC
Open up the Loop Browser
Drag your loops from their new location on your external drive to the Loop Browser

Hope I haven't left anything out!

HaHaWorld

+Quote Post
rcross73
posté lun. 18 déc. 2006, 09:29
Message #6

Rookie

Inscrit : 28 nov. 05
Lieu : Hamilton, NY - US
Membre no 73,128

And you might want to check out this other thread, with some slightly different and/or more detailed answers to some of the same questions:

http://en.440forums.com/forums/?showtopic=31177

Good luck. wink.gif

--------------------
2.33 GHz MBP C2D, 3GB RAM
120GB 5400rpm internal, 500GB 7200rpm eSATA external, 250GB 7200rpm FW800 external
Logic Studio, Reason 3, Reason Drum Kits 2, Reason Pianos, various refills, Line6 TonePort & GearBox Plug-Ins, Alesis i/O 26, Amplitube 2, Ampeg SVX, CSR, T-RackS, EZDrummer and various add-ons, Nomad Factory Studio Pro Bundle (Blue Tubes Bundle v3 & v2, Analog Signature Pack, BlueVerb DRV-2080, Essential Studio Suite, Liquid Bundle 2)

+Quote Post
jazzer
posté jeu. 21 déc. 2006, 23:48
Message #7

Inscrit : 04 oct. 04
Membre no 52,461

And if you use a disc streaming instrument like Ivory, you may want to get an FW800 drive. My FW400 drive can't keep up during a live performance, while my 800 does ok. Machine is PB G4 1.5GHz.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 23 oct. 2024, 23:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008