MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audio Break Up; Ultralite Or Mac Audio/ Midi Setup?, An update to OS X or The Ultralite has unsettled something
stimpy
posté sam. 15 nov. 2008, 21:20
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 27 août 05
Lieu : LI - UK
Membre no 69,242

Audio is breaking up and cpu performance is overloading when triggering MIDI instruments such as Superior Drummer or Sampletank 2.5XL etc.
Audio recording is fine.
Triggering without the Ultralite is fine (using the computer keyboard), so I think it must be OS X's MIDI drivers or the Ultralite's.
Reloaded the Ultralite driver- v 1.4.9./ Ultralite firmware v1.1.5.
Never had a problem before.

Thanks.

OS X 10.5.5.
Powerbook G4 1.5GHZ
2GB RAM
7200rpm external
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté dim. 16 nov. 2008, 06:01
Message #2

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

I am going to take a wild guess and say that it is probably your ultralight midi drivers. I used an M audio Oxygen 8 to trigger all kinds of midi with Reaktor 5, and Moog Modular 4 and Absynth 3 on a G4 and never had any problems. However, it just depended on how many tracks I had open as well....I often had to freeze midi tracks or other tracks with plugs to not get overloads. With my G4 I could only handle 18 to 24 tracks maximum before I would get stuttering and dropout...and this was with all the necessary tracks being frozen.

+Quote Post
stimpy
posté dim. 16 nov. 2008, 21:09
Message #3

Inscrit : 27 août 05
Lieu : LI - UK
Membre no 69,242

Thanks for the input.
Just tried an Oxygen8 with my software and no problems.
So it can't be OS X MIDI and must be the Ultralite.

Just don't know what to do for a fix.

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté lun. 17 nov. 2008, 05:59
Message #4

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

I take it you have the most up to date Ultralite drivers? That would be a start but, if you already have them and aren't worried about waiting a few days for a response from Tech Support, then you may want to notify the developer...they may have a "special" update just for your situation (it happened for me with an Emu interface a couple of years ago...) At the least, they are aware of the problem (though they probably already are) and can develop a possible fix faster. I guess the other option would be to maybe buy a used m-audio controller....they are pretty cheap.
Good luck!

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 28 mars 2024, 21:48
- © MacMusic 1997-2008