MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Optimal Mac Setup For Logic Running Samples...
JT3_Jon
posté mar. 8 juin 2004, 00:30
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 juin 04
Lieu : Palmdale - US
Membre no 44,386

This summer, I’m going to use my student loans to invest in a G5 desktop with Logic Pro 6 (comes with the EXS24mkII software sampler) and hopefully BOTH VSL opus 1 & EWQL Silver (depends if I can still afford EWQLSO after Opus).

The question is, whats the best way to setup a new computer system to handle Logic and these orchestral libraries? e.g. Min RAM, Hard Disk setup (quantity, speed, data allocation, etc.) It would stink if I screwed up and bought a system that could not handle my situation. Remember, right now I'll be running a SINGLE desktop computer (probably a G5). Is it possible to write epic pieces for full orchestra using only one computer?

If its not too much trouble, please include your current setup on your posts, and how well that works for you on a typical job. If you had to buy a new system today, what would you make sure it had?

Thank you for all your help,
Jon
http://www.avartists.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tunetwister
posté mar. 8 juin 2004, 15:07
Message #2

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 12 mars 04
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 38,330

What you are going for will be fine. Get a good audio and midi interface, one that has an external box, less noise. I think the importent things depend upon how you work ect. A good set of monitors or headphones is importent. If you are going to record you need a nice microphone, prefably a condenser. If you play keyboards then a good keyboard is in order. I like 88 key waighted ones. My friend the list never ends, decide what you need and what you are willing to spend. If you buy something that dose not meet your requirements you will just be throughing money away. Look around and get the most bang for your buck.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 21 oct. 2024, 09:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008