MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOUND CARD PROBLEM?, Audiowerk 8
posté mar. 19 mars 2002, 23:35
Message #1

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

Hi.
I've got a Beige G3 running OS 8.6.
Recently I have had problems with Cubase and Logic Audio not finding asio drivers etc. I've got no access to the sound card at all. Other programs find the soundcard and there is no problem. ???

Any HELP would be good..........

Cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
melta
posté ven. 22 mars 2002, 19:20
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 16 mars 02
Lieu : Brighton
Membre no 3,863

Hi, forgive me if I'm stating the obvious. Logic needs the asio drivers in its own 'ASIO Drivers' folder, within the applicaion folder Logic (e.g.Audio Gold 4.0 ƒ), so you need to check this. Have you the latest updates of drivers and logic, plus I run OS9.2. It may also be an extensions conflict, so try a super slim extensions folder (Cntrl panels>ext manager). Hopes that is of some help.

--------------------
melta

+Quote Post
mank
posté mer. 5 juin 2002, 11:10
Message #3

Inscrit : 01 juin 02
Lieu : Dartford - UK
Membre no 4,913

For logic you shouldn't need an Asio driver as the program has a native driver for the Audiowerk 8 writen into it.When you boot it should find the card and ask you if you want to convert song over to Audiowerk.Click convert.If you have an Asio driver for your card in the Asio folder within Logic then take it out this maybe causing the problem.
Mank...

--------------------
Mank

+Quote Post
tangot
posté mar. 2 juil. 2002, 22:49
Message #4

Inscrit : 02 juil. 02
Lieu : Copenhagen - DK
Membre no 5,357

Hey,

For me the following :

Logic has no problem running the audiowerk card
Cubase can't find the card - i.e. in the audio option dialog it default chooses the sound manager, and I can see the audiowerk card as an option, but when I choose it Cubase quits with the "error 2" message.

I have tried to trash cubase preferences, no extensions, only mac OS9, I have
rebuild the desktop, I even tried to believe in God one day but nothing seems to work. I have gone through the system folder so many times - even looked at invisible files.

Looks like I have to reformat the harddisk.

The funny thing is that all my problems started after running a demo of native-instruments FM7 in ASIO mode claiming the Audiowerk card. I' reackon that the FM7 would place some kind of invisible file or do some writing on the preference file, but as I have omitted these possibilities, I just feel like a jerk with no Macknowledge whatsoever in spite of my 6 years of musicmaking on the mac.

running 9.1 on an old 7600 with a G3 400 Mz card doing everything else I need except for virtual instruments - but I am putting that episode on hold for another while.

Is there anyone out there with at shortcut ?

best

Carsten

+Quote Post
damann
posté mer. 3 juil. 2002, 02:21
Message #5

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 11 juin 02
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 5,044

when running old systems and old machines you do reach a cutoff point, if it all works and you're not going to upgrade, don't load anything new without first backing up and in the event of problems, reverting to what was fine before!
audiowerk was always a "pig" and definitely won't work with cubase!
keep it lean and mean... laugh.gif

--------------------
one for all and all for one...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 5 juil. 2024, 16:37
- © MacMusic 1997-2008