MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> G4 + Os X/os 9.2 + Cdrw Scsi + Zip Scsi = ?, I can't make the SCSI CDRW and ZIP work
Redrum
posté lun. 26 mai 2003, 06:05
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 mai 03
Lieu : Cas Català Nou (Calvià) - ES
Membre no 17,969

I have a MAC G4 400mhz, with 2 HD, one of 20 GB and the other with 40 GB. I use both Mac OS 9.2.2. and MAC OS X Jaguar (the 20 GB HD uses OS 9 and the 40 GB HD uses the OS X), and have a Iomega's Jaz Jet Ultra SCSI card, (the ABP-960U model) and a Iomega ZIP 100 and a YAMAHA CDRW (model CDW8824SX) connected to the SCSI card, but both OS's don't read the external devices, but my old OS 9.1. did.

This is what I have tried to do to solve that problem:

I tried to make the computer read the CDRW with the Roxio Toast Titanium 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, and Adaptec Toast various versions, but did not work at all.
I also tried the "El Gato" software (http://www.elgato.com/freeStuff/cdrwHelper.html) to help me out but didn't work either, and a SCSI probe by Adaptec is useless (nomatter what version).
For the Zip 100, I downloaded in MAC OS X the "Iomega tools" software for OS X, but the sofware keeps ignoring the existence of a Zip connected to the SCSI card.

Please, let me know if there's a way I can make these two devices work with OS 9.2 and OS X Jaguar.

Thank you.

Sincerely:
Alex Tejedor.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
posté lun. 26 mai 2003, 11:34
Message #2

Webmaster
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Admin
Inscrit : 29 oct. 00
Lieu : Sommieres - FR
Membre no 11

about the hardware:

First you have to be sure that your SCSI card can handle 2 SCSI devices, and support non iomega drive. (some cheap cards dont)

Second be sure that every SCSI device as a unique ID number (SCSI card, iomega, CDRW)

Third SCSI terminaison can be a nightware if its integrated inside your drives (your SCSI chain must be terminated by only ONE scsci terminator)

Also check you SCSI cables (cheapest one can cause a lot of problems)

About the software:

- make all your tests using 9.22 (may be your card is not supported under OSX, biur under 9 it should)

- make tests with ONE device connected, then the other connected, then both

- AppleSystemProfiler (in Apple Menu) is your friend to check if the mac see the card and/or the drive.

- depending on your SCSI card, you may need a driver (check on the manufacturer site carefully)

HTH

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 11 oct. 2024, 11:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008