MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audiosport Quattro USB
dockthepod
posté jeu. 28 juin 2001, 23:49
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 28 juin 01
Membre no 1,120

I just bought my first mac (well ordered and am waiting for it). I want to use it for recording and am on rather small buget. Has anyone actually used the usb quattro? From the sales blurb that shows up all over the internet it seems to be ideal... I haven't been able to find a single review anywhere. That really bothers me.
I also would like to use the midi input for a keyboard and vst plugins.
Any replies or a link to an independent review would be great.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blockrockinbeats
posté ven. 29 juin 2001, 00:35
Message #2

Inscrit : 27 juin 01
Lieu : London
Membre no 1,098

hi

the quatro is very new...im not even sure its shipping yet.  Im looking at this option myslef with either a ibook or powerbook g4.  It may come with Delta Logic, a cut down version of logic especially tweaked for the Delta range, but Logic wont run on the new os in native or classic modes..I presume that this means it wont run in os 9.1 either....

all the best

Block
London UK

+Quote Post
nathanan
posté mer. 19 sept. 2001, 12:09
Message #3

Inscrit : 19 sept. 01
Lieu : Bangkok
Membre no 1,807

hi.  i am runing logic 4.7 on the new ibook and it seems to be working out fine under sound manager.  i am, too, looking at the quattro, which as far as i know comes with asio and sound manager driver for mac and will not be shipped with any additional sequencer software like m-audio's delta range.  it was suppose to be arriving in thailand next month but now it is uncertain, but it should be available in the states and england though.  so, i will wait.  if i come across anything new, will let you know.  and please do the same.  

+Quote Post
jemcclain
posté lun. 1 oct. 2001, 04:36
Message #4

Inscrit : 01 oct. 01
Lieu : Las Vegas
Membre no 1,902

Hey all, I thought I would add my impression of the Quattro. First off i'm using a TiG4 with 384mb of ram. With logic audio and the asio drivers the quattro doesn't work. The output is incredibly distorted, I have emailed maudio about this so we'll see. With sound manager it works fine aside from an unusable ammount of latency. Hopefully I can get this asio thing worked out so I don't have this problem. I'd like to hear if anyone has the same problems. Thanks

+Quote Post
gundamrx288
posté mar. 9 oct. 2001, 01:13
Message #5

Inscrit : 09 oct. 01
Membre no 1,966

good grief! is that true?! is the quattro that bad on the timac g4?! i have an ibook myself and have been considering the quattro. eventually i will upgrade to the timac g4 and if that's the case, then i can't get the quattro. i hoped it would be a solution to me recording stuff at different locations.

anyway, thanks guys.

charles

+Quote Post
jemcclain
posté mar. 9 oct. 2001, 01:58
Message #6

Membre no 1,902

I may have a problem with my config but I doubt it. It is a real pain to deal with midiman tech support, I have been waiting a week now for a reply to my email. I think it's a great idea and it sure is the right price but it sucks having to wait for driver support.

+Quote Post
gundamrx288
posté mar. 9 oct. 2001, 03:27
Message #7

Inscrit : 09 oct. 01
Membre no 1,966

hmm... cool. please tell me if the condition improves. smile.gif
thanks again,

charles

+Quote Post
roque
posté mer. 17 oct. 2001, 06:18
Message #8

Inscrit : 17 oct. 01
Lieu : Rio de Janeiro
Membre no 2,064

HI !!!
I believe i'm one the first trying quattro and the new ibook(G3 500,256 mb,20 gb HD,combo drive).For two monthes I tested it with most popular sotwares (say logic,cubase,reason,peak...) and the asio driver (even the 1.03 update) seems totally UNNUSABLE with lot of digital distortion and constant midi comunication crashes. The sound manager driver have 46ms delay giving limited possibilities (no softsynths and monitoring).
Quattro was released before it has solid drivers,so I DON'T RECOMEND IT YET!
I hope in a near future ( say end of this year) it become an usable interface.It still a promise for portable audio/midi solution.

+Quote Post
jemcclain
posté mer. 17 oct. 2001, 17:06
Message #9

Membre no 1,902

Yeah I agree the drives suck, I am going to call midiman today and see if I can get some answers. I'll repost with any news.

+Quote Post
roque
posté dim. 28 oct. 2001, 17:42
Message #10

Inscrit : 17 oct. 01
Lieu : Rio de Janeiro
Membre no 2,064

M-audio released new 1.05 drivers that they say ensures full compatibility with most popular softwares.I don't tried it yet but I believe it may be the solution for quattro users... I,hope!!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 2 juil. 2024, 14:38
- © MacMusic 1997-2008