MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Multiple Tracks Bounce In Logic Pro 6
sevan7
posté lun. 27 sept. 2004, 12:33
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 31 août 04
Lieu : Meyrin - CH
Membre no 49,933

Hy everyone!!

I think the question is quite easy... Is it possible in logic pro 6 to bounce each track of a sequence in a different sound file?

Thank you very much!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
volxs
posté mar. 28 sept. 2004, 10:35
Message #2

Inscrit : 29 juin 04
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 46,001

you could solo the tracks and bounce them one at a time, it could be a pain if there are lots of tracks but it is a way of ending up with seperate audio files for each track. There may be a quicker way of doing it, this is just off the top of my head.

Hope it helps

+Quote Post
sevan7
posté mar. 28 sept. 2004, 11:49
Message #3

Membre no 49,933

Thank you very much, but I already thought of that...

The thing is I have to bounce 8 sequences of about 16 tracks each and 5min long for sunday sad.gif so I thought that emagic would have been kind to offer me this function wink.gif ...

Anyway, you can digitally mixdown one audio track simply in the sequencer (it creates a new audiofile in the folder you choosed) but it isn't possible with sampler instruments tracks, which are 80% of what I have to bounce sad.gif

If it isn't possible, they should put up this option in next version of logic... A friend told me it is possible on Acid!!!! blink.gif

+Quote Post
majn
posté mer. 29 sept. 2004, 07:11
Message #4

Rookie

Inscrit : 23 févr. 04
Lieu : Oxford - UK
Membre no 36,665

I have to do this all the time - just so that customers can take their tracks and use them in other systems (at home on cubase usually) it's annoying. People do like to buy the master of what they have so they can take it elsewhere to mix.

This means if someone wants "the master" they have to pay an extra hour for every song just to get it in a format they can use it. So for four songs you have to allow an extra half day. And yes - this is bouncing stuff offline - because you then have to go back and check the tracks are okay and you haven't accidentally stuck your Hi Hat on your bass drum track. This amount of extra cost just to get a master does put people off.

I disagree that you can't do this with sequence tracks.

If you are using virtual instruments they act just the same as audio tracks when you bounce. I do this all the time.

When I talked to logic about this some time ago - they didn't see a need to be able to output all tracks as individual .wavs or whatever since everything is timestamped. But when you're giving stuff to people who still think you record on reel to reel analogue ...

Someone must have a clever fix for this?

--------------------
Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5 / 2 x 19" Formac Monitors / Hammerfall Digi 9652 / Mackie d8b / 2.5 gig RAM

iMac G5 1.8 17" / M-Audio 1814 Firewire / Tascam TM-D1000 / 2 gig RAM

Lacie Firewire Drives

Logic Pro 7 / NI Battery - Guitar Rig - B4 / GMedia MTron / Crystal / LinPlug RMIV / OSX 10.3.6

+Quote Post
Mr.Dave
posté mer. 29 sept. 2004, 09:07
Message #5

Inscrit : 15 févr. 04
Lieu : Glasgow - UK
Membre no 35,854

The way I have approached this when up against a deadline is to use the freeze function in logic. The only thing to watch out for is the bit depth of the freeze function (which can be user defined) as logic will default to 32 bit and be of little use to any other program. Also remember to set the song length to just past the end of your arrangement to save generating over-long files.

NB. You may have to name the freeze files so that they make sense to others working with the audio.

+Quote Post
sevan7
posté mer. 29 sept. 2004, 18:05
Message #6

Membre no 49,933

I didn't think about the freeze option... That sounds great!! Thank you very much Dave, you saved my "precious" time biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bobdemaa
posté mer. 29 sept. 2004, 19:11
Message #7

Rookie

Inscrit : 16 déc. 03
Lieu : Los Angeles - US
Membre no 31,267

Using these "Frozen" Tracks is also a great way to get audio from the native part of the application over the TDM part with much less hassle!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 26 juin 2024, 14:16
- © MacMusic 1997-2008