MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emagic Aquired By Apple !, Apple bought it all...
musicastle
posté jeu. 8 août 2002, 06:30
Message #11

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 12 juil. 02
Lieu : Yokohama - JP
Membre no 5,742

I must say that I feel very very sorry for the window users. I do have a few window users who are just so so happy with logic. They are as happy and proud users of logic as we, the mac users. I am sure this giant teamup of the two will make things very cool for the mac users. I just can't help how dissapointed and betrayed the pc users are. Just a little concerned. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Presto
posté lun. 28 oct. 2002, 18:06
Message #12

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 24 mars 02
Lieu : Entre-Deux-Mers - FR
Membre no 3,984

Have a look at the Digidesign/Emagic cooperation news.

CLick on the News button.

--------------------
Without shit, we wouldn't be here ;)

+Quote Post
Teiwaz
posté sam. 16 nov. 2002, 23:04
Message #13

Inscrit : 30 oct. 02
Lieu : Los Angeles - US
Membre no 8,882

I think it's the best thing that ever happened to Emagic, and to Apple. They made one real smart move getting together...but then they would, wouldn't they? Because...they're, um...SMART!

As for Logic windoze users, the average price of a Mac these days is a green light for them to go with a pro computer platform! They have a choice here...why stay with windoze anyhow? It's a pane...and it's crakked (oh dear, my attempt at being humorous at 2 in the afternoon)

Switching has to be the best option for windoze /logic heads...they'll be happy once they realise how much nicer it is to work on audio with a mac!

OSX Jaguar v. win what??? There truly is no room for comparison. Jaguar is UNIX based and is rock solid. windoze is, well, a load of old dos...

tongue.gif

--------------------
Nobody can take from you what you give freely.

+Quote Post
filarion
posté dim. 17 nov. 2002, 00:01
Message #14

Inscrit : 10 juil. 02
Lieu : Weimar - DE
Membre no 5,666

not to jump into the fray here, but you're generously overlooking a few things. The silver mirrored-door Powermacs seem to pretty much suck for audio at a premium price. For that you can get a decent and -silent- pc.

OSX right now for audio is a difficult topic. I do own Logic 5.4 and am using it on my Powerbook, but performance on my PC (and OS9) is unfortunately slightly better. on the laptop market there is only one king, of course smile.gif

+Quote Post
Teiwaz
posté dim. 17 nov. 2002, 01:27
Message #15

Inscrit : 30 oct. 02
Lieu : Los Angeles - US
Membre no 8,882

I agree I was generalising, I wasn't pointing out the details. I actually own a dual gig (non-silver door) G4, and it is quiet enough for most situations. On the other hand, it absolutely rocks with Logic 5.3 on OS9!

I have experience with good PC hardware (Lian Li cases have to be a PC user's first choice, made out of aluminium, and have totally silent fans) but the platform, no matter how quiet the fan is, or how impressive the case is...no getting away from it...windoze...zzzz

wink.gif

OSX may not have much on the plate for audio currently, but this is the platform to watch with a beady eye (try crashing Jaguar - it's actually near enough impossible, can't say the same for 9, or indeed, windoze) And OSX boasts direct support for core audio interfacing/plugs at SYSTEM level. ASIO does not integrate with the OS in quite the same way...lower latency, anyone?

cool.gif

I have a whole planet (been collecting a while) of audio apps/plugs including the UAD-1 dsp card running on OS9/Logic 5.3 and it is an extremely pokey system...I love it's flexibility...

I actually wouldn't mind a silver mirrored mac (even with it's whirring fans) at all. Already 2 processors at 1.25 ghz? When the OSX apps arrive, it'll be all change...This computer does NOT suck...

When I do get a silver mirrored mac, if it's too noisy, I'll put it into a rack mount housing! (a pro studio/programmer always separates it's/his/her noisy fan hardware from the control room by consigning the noisy gear to a walk in closet room, anyway.)

Customize and put a quieter fan in the mac...easily done if you know how and where to get the bits.

And I know someone who does. He's a cool french dude who lives in the UK, and he's a genius with audio gear.

wink.gif

--------------------
Nobody can take from you what you give freely.

+Quote Post
filarion
posté dim. 17 nov. 2002, 11:51
Message #16

Inscrit : 10 juil. 02
Lieu : Weimar - DE
Membre no 5,666

mmh, you should get your pal to start fitting silent fans into macs on a regular basis :) I heard that the "turbo-fan" on those new powermacs sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Overall you're right of course, but hey, we're mac users, of course we are. ;)

as for Logic.. yeah, 5.3 on os9 still has way better performance here than 5.4 on 10.2.2 - but (and that's a big one), I actually started my new project on osx and except for some akai converting on the pc I haven't needed anything else so far. so yes, osx is maturing.. now if only I could get Waves au components. :)

+Quote Post
Doug Miner
posté dim. 17 nov. 2002, 17:25
Message #17

Inscrit : 29 sept. 02
Lieu : San Mateo - US
Membre no 8,066

I am using Logic 5.4 on a dual 800 with a Delta 66 card and it is, by far, the best, most reliable, most stable and most productive system I have ever had. I have had not one glitch in 7 sessions. I get 24 tracks with multiple FX (4 or 5 per channel plus some on the busses and mains) and plenty of headroom for bounces recording to a $300 firewire drive. I just don't know how it could be any better than that on any platform. It will be nice when more plug-ins become available, but some have already appeared and more are on the near horizon. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Bone Doogy

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 13 mai 2024, 00:26
- © 440 Forums 2011