MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Live Giggin With A Powerbookg4 And A Master Kbd, how to do it?
darbrent
posté jeu. 26 mai 2005, 12:08
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 26 mai 05
Lieu : Cantù - IT
Membre no 66,140

Hello everyone, i'm a newbie..
I was wondering if it's possible to play with a live rock band (no sequencing) by connecting a master keyb via usb to my powerbook g4. I need to use various sounds like piano, organs, strings, syths, etc, with splits and quick changes between differents sound. Do you have any recomendations for hw and sw configuration ?
Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JulienGB
posté ven. 27 mai 2005, 14:38
Message #2

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 13 févr. 04
Lieu : St. Cloud - FR
Membre no 35,763

Hello darbrent

I'm experiencing currently a similar live set up. I play in a psyché-rock band with a powerbook G4 instead of traditional keyboards. Mostly keys playing, sample triggering, and midi loop launching with tap tempo sync (no click). It works very well if you hook some midi controllers to get hands on your virtual instruments. You'll have to choose the right software too : Live4 or MaxMSP I suppose, and some good plug-ins.
Here is what I use : Powerbook G4 1Ghz Titanium with 1Go ram, EMI 62m usb sound card, BCR2000 midi controller, ART X-15 foot controller and basic master keyboard. The very easy Live4 and numerous plug ins ...
This gives me a lot of very different sounds, 3 points of modulation (2 hands & 1 foot at the same time) and a big pleasure to play with, every time.
cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
darbrent
posté ven. 27 mai 2005, 15:49
Message #3

Inscrit : 26 mai 05
Lieu : Cantù - IT
Membre no 66,140

thank you Julien..now I have a starting point!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 6 août 2024, 05:48
- © MacMusic 1997-2008