MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pre-recorded Bass & Guitar To Separate Amps Via Mbox!
wils_e
posté jeu. 12 mars 2009, 20:42
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 12 mars 09
Lieu : Toronto - CA
Membre no 107,163

Just wondering if anyone could help me with the following dilemma:

- Pre-recorded Bass track (output through a bass amp)
- Pre-recorded guitar track (output through the PA/guitar amp)
- CLICK track (sent to drummer's headphones, along with the bass and guitar tracks)

I've been able to send the click and bass to his headphones, while the only the bass plays on the bass amp via panning the bass track hard left and the CLICK hard right.

I have an MBOX 2 interface, it has 2 mono outputs (left & right) while the CLICK is a pre-recorded audio track as well.

I understand I need to do some bussing here, but for the life of me I cannot wrap my head around the signal routing paths!

If this is at all possible, I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks for your time!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
markalex
posté ven. 13 mars 2009, 06:28
Message #2

Inscrit : 28 févr. 09
Lieu : Thornhill - CA
Membre no 106,934

I don't think panning is your solution.

In logic, you can set up sub busses. Not sure about the MBox, but if you can have 3 outputs (L, R, Headphones) set up a headphone mix with Logic's bussing.

To keep the click out of the bass and gtr amps - if its anything like my MOTU (the headphone jack acts as a discreet output) you're all set -- just give each track in logic a buss send, so you can not only send click wherever you want, you can even control the click volume with the send knob.

Ce message a été modifié par markalex - ven. 13 mars 2009, 06:31.

+Quote Post
wils_e
posté ven. 13 mars 2009, 17:22
Message #3

Inscrit : 12 mars 09
Lieu : Toronto - CA
Membre no 107,163

QUOTE (markalex @ Fri 13 Mar 2009, 07:28) *
I don't think panning is your solution.

In logic, you can set up sub busses. Not sure about the MBox, but if you can have 3 outputs (L, R, Headphones) set up a headphone mix with Logic's bussing.

To keep the click out of the bass and gtr amps - if its anything like my MOTU (the headphone jack acts as a discreet output) you're all set -- just give each track in logic a buss send, so you can not only send click wherever you want, you can even control the click volume with the send knob.

Thanks for the response--I think the main issue for me now is activating three outputs from the mbox. When I plug 1/4 inches into the L & R mono outputs they are sending the same signal out!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 8 oct. 2024, 23:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008