MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tell thicky what to do, how?
ethanmcclean
posté lun. 13 août 2001, 23:12
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 13 août 01
Lieu : C.i
Membre no 1,491

Hi,
Now call me thick but I have to start somewhere. I bought a Tibook recently and I'd like to use it as kind of a four track/simple studio type thing. Putting a few instruments into it physically and laying drums, or whatever, over it. Nothing too complicated( for now) but can anyone give me an idea of what I hardware and software i need - I just don't know where to start. Thanks Ethan

--------------------
what?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté mar. 14 août 2001, 18:23
Message #2

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

A TIBOOK? Has apple come out with a psychedelic model of the ibook with a color scheme closely related to the Grateful Dead? hehe

well... it all depends on how much money are you willing to spend (as this seems to be most important to most forum users) and how many instruments are wanting to simultaneously record. I have heard that the Imic interface is nice for basic recording but only allowing one track at a time I think. If you want to record with more inputs.... you are giong to have to pay for them. Best scenario is to consider getting the firewire interface know as MOTU 828 (Mark Of The Unicorn about $700) that has 2 mic preamps and 8 inputs and 8 outputs and use that with a sequencing/recording app like Logic Audio or Digital Performer. On the cheaper end there is M-Audio with an interface that has 4 inputs and outputs and no mic preamps for about $250-$400 and I think this comes with a light version of Logic Audio. That is pretty much it.... there may be a few more choices but these seem like the best options.

If you want to talk to a professional (someone who has spent years in business working with all kinds of audio equipment... I highly recommend checking out http://www.sweetwater.com and call the phone number. They will set you up with a rep who has all that knowledge and can answer almost any of your questions and point you in the direction of the stuff that will suit your needs and budget. They have excellent service too... ever have a problem or question... just give them a call.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post
ethanmcclean
posté mar. 14 août 2001, 23:53
Message #3

Inscrit : 13 août 01
Lieu : C.i
Membre no 1,491

Hi, I mean a Titanium powerbook! Although a tie-dyed ibook would be quite...interesting, I suppose that would be a tidibook though. Anyway, thanks for the help and the link.

--------------------
what?

+Quote Post
Synthetic
posté mer. 15 août 2001, 02:22
Message #4

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 25 juin 01
Lieu : Springfield - US
Membre no 1,082

no problem... happy hunting

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 10 mai 2024, 03:13
- © MacMusic 1997-2008