MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic 6 Or Digital Performer?, which one is right for me?
mook noodler
posté sam. 26 avril 2003, 19:32
Message #11

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 mars 03
Lieu : Englewood - US
Membre no 14,040

I'm liking DP4 a lot too. It took me a while to get used to all the different windows and what they all do, but I've got the hang of it now (sort of). They aren't standard mac os windows, but I think they're pretty well designed. I like that you can send one either to the dock or just behind everything else. The midi features are awesome. I especially like the drum editor, where you can simplify things when your just arranging drums. These are probably all features from earlier versions, so I won't ramble on, but I agree with urbanmatador that it feels like a midi environment, which I like even though I record a lot of audio too.

However I can't record much audio because the 828 freaks out. I can't record more than a minute of audio without it dropping out. Check out my thread in the Interface section (MOTU 828 tips) if you're interested. Oh, and lately whenever I press 'stop', the 828 console software resets the monitored inputs to "none". So every time I stop play I have to re-select my inputs. Maybe I've got a serious problem with mine, but if not I would definitely NOT recommend that anyone else get one (at least not for osx).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Doug Miner
posté sam. 26 avril 2003, 20:54
Message #12

Inscrit : 29 sept. 02
Lieu : San Mateo - US
Membre no 8,066

Just a word about why I use Logic (Platinum running on Mac OS 10.2.5). In 40 plus sessions, I have had not one glitch. Stability and efficiency (dual processor aware, G4 aware, Audio Units) adds up to one dependable program that sounds great. Version 6 adds usability features that make it a pleasure to work with. I have simply had better luck using Logic that any other program, so I am sticking with it.

--------------------
Bone Doogy

+Quote Post
manexmachina
posté dim. 27 avril 2003, 22:59
Message #13

Rookie

Inscrit : 09 févr. 03
Lieu : Burbank - US
Membre no 11,875

In 40 plus sessions, I have had not one glitch.

So many of the glitches of all systems tends to be related to the hardware. What hardware configuration are you working with that you've found to be successful with Logic ?

+Quote Post
bishop263
posté lun. 28 avril 2003, 05:29
Message #14

Inscrit : 20 avril 03
Lieu : Whitestone - US
Membre no 16,447

Ok, I've made up my mind. I'm buying dp4. My mixing board was just sold on ebay, so I will need to puchase a new one. I'm really leaning torward the mackie control. Can anyone give me any suggestions? I know it just came out, but the price is not bad, and it seems to have all the features I need....(except theres no meters, and is only midi not usb) If it does the trick with dp4 and protools, I'm getting it. cool.gif

+Quote Post
urbanmatador
posté lun. 28 avril 2003, 09:50
Message #15

Inscrit : 28 sept. 02
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 8,052

well, the mackie control is not an audio interface, only a control surface. to record audio in, you'll need something else... either you're built in 1/8" audio in jack on your mac, or a usb, firewire, or pc card audio interface.

if you've got a desktop and are looking for an all in one solution, consider the mackie hui...

incidentally, dp update from the urban matador: i've been sequencing some midi and imported drum loops and it's a dream to work with. sadly, dp and my korg x5d don't understand each other when it comes to switching program banks, but other than that everything is smooth and seamless, and when i need help, the manual is clear and thorough.

--------------------
there can be hours between the so and the what of the so
www.notquite.net

+Quote Post
Doug Miner
posté lun. 28 avril 2003, 14:24
Message #16

Inscrit : 29 sept. 02
Lieu : San Mateo - US
Membre no 8,066

In reply to Newby about the stability of Logic, I am using a Dual 800 Mac with a Delta 66 card, recording to an APS firewire drive through a Mackie board. Pretty simple, but maybe that is why it is so dependable.

--------------------
Bone Doogy

+Quote Post
Anonym
posté lun. 28 avril 2003, 14:47
Message #17

Inscrit : 27 avril 03
Membre no 16,870

QUOTE (bishop263 @ Apr 28 2003, 04:29)
My mixing board was just sold on ebay, so I will need to puchase a new one. I'm really leaning torward the mackie control. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Maybe you should check the Tascam FW1884. In addition to the controller it also has 8 Audio- and 4 MIDI-IO.

I don't know it, though, so I cannot tell you anything about it's quality.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (4 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 14 oct. 2024, 08:33
- © MacMusic 1997-2008