MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> The Motu Range
-monky-
posté mar. 3 févr. 2009, 17:34
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 03 févr. 09
Lieu : UK
Membre no 106,377

Hi all,

I have been looking for a FW audio device for some time, and in my price bracket I have decided (I think!) that MOTU offer the best bang for buck. However, I have been trying to make sense of their website, and I'm having a bit of trouble. I was hoping to find a comparison matrix or similar, so that I can compare the features offered by their set of products - but I can't find that anywhere. If such a thing exists, please would someone point me in the right direction?

Basically, I can only see that the Traveler, UltraLite, 896 and 828 differ in terms of number of inputs/outputs, and their abilities to be expanded (ie with 8pre or similar). Is this a fair assessment? Their effects capabilities seem to be pretty standardised across the range.

I would really appreciate somebody's objective view on this, as I have read myself round in circles.

I will likely be using this in studio and live, but it's not going to get heavy "on the road" use, live will mostly be "studio live" i suspect.

Many thanks....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
smith67
posté sam. 6 mars 2010, 07:45
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 13 nov. 09
Membre no 111,460

A buddy of mine has the 8pre and I first looked at this model. What's great about the MOTU 896MK3 is the built-in cuemix and the 8 xlr outputs. I was just wondering if there is anything else 2.5k or lower price range... that will compete features wise with the 896mk3. I will need the 8 xlr mic inputs. I also see using it as a stand alone mixer to down mix directly into the 4 channel of the RED camera. So will alternate between using it with a MacBook Pro and say Soundtrack Pro/Cuemix or standalone. I am not really looking for a cheaper option. I would pay even more for a product if it has more XLR i/o or features than the 893mk3. I see using this with a bunch of lavalier and ambient mics to capture live performances.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
cisco 650-175 | 650-180 | 70-236 | 70-270
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet
- -monky-   The Motu Range   mar. 3 févr. 2009, 17:34
- - gdoubleyou   The main differences are the number of preamps, am...   mer. 4 févr. 2009, 21:20

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 22 mai 2024, 01:29
- © MacMusic 1997-2008