MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motu Ultralite Vs Mbox 2 Pro, Which is best?
Gary Mulholland
posté dim. 13 juil. 2008, 10:57
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 13 juil. 08
Membre no 102,263

Hi all.
A new member here and also a new MacBook Pro user.

Basically, I'd love some input as to which interface is generally better in terms of latency and overall performance: the Ultralite or the Mbox 2 Pro.

I'm a sax/wind synth player wanting to reduce outboard hardware and consolidate as much as possible with my MacBook Pro, audio/midi interface and software for live performance. I want to start using softsynths for my wind controller and also use software to add FX to my sax......whilst also using software to produce and send a mix to FOH and also a separate mix for my in-ear monitors. However, I also want an interface which is small and portable enough to carry around in my laptop bag with the MacBook Pro.

I'd ideally like 4 inputs minimum and at least 3 outputs and the two interfaces I've mentioned appear to be the most suited for the job, but would love some feedback from real-life users. I've also looked at the Presonus Firebox but have noticed that quite a number of users appear to have problems with these??

Any thoughts folks?

Cheers
Gary
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
slexer
posté lun. 14 juil. 2008, 01:28
Message #2

Inscrit : 05 mai 05
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 65,271

I would suggest to consider the RME Fireface 400. Gives unlimited routing possibilities as it comes with a software matrix mixer, very low latency, great sound, bus powered, two of the eight inputs have phantom power, two are switchable to instrument level.

S

Ce message a été modifié par slexer - lun. 14 juil. 2008, 01:30.

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
posté lun. 14 juil. 2008, 16:59
Message #3

Inscrit : 06 févr. 07
Lieu : Berkeley - US
Membre no 88,124

all three are ample for what you're suggesting you need to do, and more later. the MOTU unit is great, but the Mbox has a nice software suite with it.
the RME will set you back twice the gelt, so it's a bigger bite. for my money, the MOTU unit.

+Quote Post
Gary Mulholland
posté lun. 14 juil. 2008, 22:21
Message #4

Inscrit : 13 juil. 08
Membre no 102,263

I notice that the TC Electronics Konnekt Live is promoted as being specially suited for live performance.

Any thoughts on this one?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Bienvenue invité
Contribute
PcMusic est VOTRE site! Participez à son évolution...
Version bas débit - vendredi 5 juil. 2024, 10:07
- © PcMusic 1997-2007