MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Keyboard Midi Problem In Reason-os 10.3, Reason is not recognizing the keyboard
MarcoPoloCalifor...
posté ven. 17 mars 2006, 14:20
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 17 mars 06
Lieu : Los Angeles - US
Membre no 78,308

The Reason 2.5 appears to be running smoothly except that it will not react to my keyboard through midi. My mac G4 OS 10.3.9 is receiving the signal though, according to the "test Midi", where I can hear the keyboard's test sound in the mac. Using a midisport 2x2. Please wisdom needed, I've been searching for weeks! Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté sam. 18 mars 2006, 02:00
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Have you tried to reinstall the driver if there's one? Have you redone the audio midi set up from scratch? repair permissions?

Does it work with some other app?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
azusa
posté sam. 18 mars 2006, 08:06
Message #3

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 21 août 02
Membre no 7,031

You have to open the Preferences panel to set it up.

+Quote Post
MarcoPoloCalifor...
posté sam. 18 mars 2006, 09:08
Message #4

Membre no 78,308

Thanks for the replies! I have downloaded and reinstalled drivers a few times from the M-Audio site, and any drivers for Reason should have been installed on initial installation as far as I know. I have also worked with the Preferences in Reason until I'm numb, trying every combination I can think of. I have not tried the midi in any other application, though. I'll try to find one that I can try. What are Repair Permissions, and how do I find them, in case they are responsible? Thanks.

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté dim. 19 mars 2006, 05:40
Message #5

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

Repair permissions are in the "disc utility" (applications/utilities/disc utility...or something like that) the "repair permissions" will be at the bottom of the window. I am surprised that you would have ANY problems at all with midi setup with Reason & the 2x2 - try also to go to m-audio's website & download the MOST recent drivers that match your OS. If nothing else, think real seriously about getting a newer version of midi sport USB/midi cables (they are only about 50 bucks) as I am not sure if you would even need to install drivers for them.....I just helped my daughter with her mac and an m-audio Oxygen 8 v2 & she didn't even need drivers for Garage Band or Ableton Live Lite to recognize it (she has 10.4.3 on her mac mini).

+Quote Post
MarcoPoloCalifor...
posté dim. 19 mars 2006, 07:23
Message #6

Membre no 78,308

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to try some of these things. If anyone knows someone who has had this problem, I would love to hear how they resolved this. It is no longer simply a problem, but a quest.

+Quote Post
ruczaj
posté dim. 26 mars 2006, 11:25
Message #7

Inscrit : 24 févr. 04
Lieu : Poznan - PL
Membre no 36,766

I know it sounds stupid, but... did You care to set up in right order? First, switch on midi keyboard, then Reason. If You do that contrary, Reason will not react on keyboard. And then You should to switch midi on in Reason preferences.

I hope You will cope wih
cheers

+Quote Post
mortalengines
posté lun. 27 mars 2006, 00:09
Message #8

Advanced Member

Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

Oh....yeah. It's been so long since THAT has happened to me, I forgot to even mention that in my last post. You definitely have to have the keyboard powered up & running BEFORE starting up Reason. I just got in the habit of leaving my keyboard hooked up to my laptop in what is now a stationary place & never had that problem again.

+Quote Post
MarcoPoloCalifor...
posté mar. 28 mars 2006, 05:18
Message #9

Membre no 78,308

Thanks for the tips, I'll check that out. If successful, I'll be sure to report back!

+Quote Post
MarcoPoloCalifor...
posté mer. 29 mars 2006, 15:23
Message #10

Membre no 78,308

I gave up, I'm ordering the MAudio Oxygen 49 key keyboard/controller, which I assume I will be able to make work. Comes with Ableton Live Lite. I'm fairly excited here!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 10 mai 2024, 00:47
- © MacMusic 1997-2008