MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Bass Speakers Needed - Any Advice?
booyakabass
posté sam. 12 août 2006, 17:22
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 16 mai 06
Lieu : Plymouth - UK
Membre no 79,815

I'm looking at replacing my old Ampeg speakers 15" & a 10", and i think the tweeter has died to but thats no problem as i play dub & reggae/dance music....so am looking for deep speakers....any advice out there, must cope with low B 5 string abuse too?

I've seen Eminnecence speakers on Ebay, anyone know if they're any good? My amp in 350W so i want at least that in my speakers and at 4ohms.

Thanks for replies. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MacFeegle
posté mar. 9 janv. 2007, 08:36
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 oct. 06
Lieu : Madison - US
Membre no 84,590

QUOTE (booyakabass @ Sat 12 Aug 2006, 10:22) *
I'm looking at replacing my old Ampeg speakers 15" & a 10", and i think the tweeter has died to but thats no problem as i play dub & reggae/dance music....so am looking for deep speakers....any advice out there, must cope with low B 5 string abuse too?

I've seen Eminnecence speakers on Ebay, anyone know if they're any good? My amp in 350W so i want at least that in my speakers and at 4ohms.

Thanks for replies. wink.gif

I've been playing bass for nigh on thirty years now. I'm currently playing through David Eden speakers which I have been quite happy with. I have two cabinets, a 1x15 and a 2x10. When I want really big bass, I use them both. Mostly I use just the 2x10, because I get tired of lugging them both, and it sounds great. Keep in mind that Eden was purchased by Washburn a couple of years ago, so I don't know if the product is as good as it was when I bought mine.

Another thing I would recommend looking at is Phil Jones Bass <http://www.philjonesbass.com>. I have a PJB "Briefcase" that I use for rehearsals and small clubs (100 watts and 2x5", yes, two five-inch, speakers.) It is amazing the low end you can get out of this little thing. I work this amp pretty hard and people's eyes bug out when they see it. If I had the money, I would look into one of their larger combos (like the "Suitcase" or the "Sixpack), but they are a little pricey. They also sell separate amplifiers and cabinets.

Good Luck!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 28 mars 2024, 14:49
- © 440 Forums 2011